By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Evidence for Mass Effect on PS3

bobobologna said:
CGI-Quality said:
I still don't see it happening, especially not anytime soon. I mean, is EA struggling with this one or something? Why does it NEED a PS3 release?

I say, if you want Mass Effect 2, get an Xbox 360 or update/buy a capable PC.

To make more money.  Resident Evil 5 sold 2.5 million on the PS3.  AND it sold 2.7 million on the XBox360.  Plus whatever it sold on the PC.  Mass Effect 1 sold 2.13 million on the XBox360, plus whatever it sold on the PC.  Why wouldn't you want to tap into that potential market, especially if you are a third party publisher and you have no contractual obligations to stay XBox360 exclusive?

Granted, Mass Effect probably won't have nearly the same kind of success that Resident Evil 5 had.  Resident Evil has always been on Playstation platforms.  Mass Effect would probably have to work a bit harder to garner the same kind of audience on the PS3.  But the payoff could be well worth it.

RE5 sold 2.7m on the PS3 and 2.5m on the 360.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
I still don't see it happening, especially not anytime soon. I mean, is EA struggling with this one or something? Why does it NEED a PS3 release?

Yeah, God, I mean... why would a business want to make more money?

I still seriously doubt it.

Mass Effect is just not coming to PS3 and without it, it doesn't make sense for Mass Effect 2 to come to the PS3.

If it were coming, little snippets like that would be everywhere.  Someone didn't go in and manuelly remove all references to PS3, they would make a script to remove those and a script wouldn't miss that.

I agree with CGI on this one, if you want to play a game that is not on your system, then go buy that system. Dont pray and hope that game comes to your system of choice. Every system has something to offer, you may find other games you like that really make the purchase worth it.

look what i found - proof mass effect is going to wii!

[SFXGame.BioSFHandler_CharacterR?ecord2]
m_nMaxRenegade=1900
m_nMaxParagon=1957
m_srXPFormat=340881
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox?=348754
m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox=3?48755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC=3?48753
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC=348?755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageWii=34?8757
m_srParagonRenegadeMessageWii=3487?55

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Would be nice if PS3 only owners could get to enjoy the series, however could just get a 360 if you really want it that bad. I've personally enjoyed both quite extensively, but still nowhere near as much as I've enjoyed other Bioware games.

i will get it.

PLAYSTATION®3

jneul said:
SpartanFX said:

they found this in PC version of MAss effect 2:

"

Does PC version of Mass Effect contains evidence of PS3 version?
Today my communicator brought me a message from my buddy containing this:

[SFXGame.BioSFHandler_CharacterR?ecord2]
m_nMaxRenegade=1900
m_nMaxParagon=1957
m_srXPFormat=340881
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox?=348754
m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox=3?48755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC=3?48753
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC=348?755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755 <<<<
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007 <<<<

For the uninitiated, the above is a source of code from PC version of new Bioware creation.
Does this mean that the PS3 version will be released later? (Temporary exclusively for Xbox 360 and PC?)Do work on port for PS3 were discontinued?

OR are those only remains of the Multi-platform game engine (which is contradicted by a fairly accurate command names like "ParagonRenegadeMessage" - Paragon and Ranegade are the status of reputation for our characters.
I got this strange filling that the Shepard is closer to the PS3 than we all think. What is your opinion ?

"http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kikoo.pl%2Fnews%2F3045-1%2FMass-Effect-2-na-ps3%2F

let's not forget the last game that this happened to.Bioshock Pc version had some PS3 codings exactly like this when asked 2K the said no no no and we all know what happened .

for all those who don't understand programming, m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3 and m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3 are variables which are part of a class, i can tell because of the way they have been named, m stands for member whilst the prefix sr could mean string or something like that(n is used for whole numbers, f for float, p for pointers, obj for objects).

I hope this source is legit, because if it is, then I agree that ME2 is now inevitable.

Finally before anyone makes a claim that is is from the unreal engine(which allows developmet on x360,ps3, and pc), it will not be as the unreal engine is compiled into a seperate library.

i haven't got a clue about programming,i love it when a girl gets technical

do you want to go out on friday night?

Above & Beyond

CGI-Quality said:
bobobologna said:
CGI-Quality said:

I say, if you want Mass Effect 2, get an Xbox 360 or update/buy a capable PC.

To make more money.  Resident Evil 5 sold 2.5 million on the PS3.  AND it sold 2.7 million on the XBox360.  Plus whatever it sold on the PC.  Mass Effect 1 sold 2.13 million on the XBox360, plus whatever it sold on the PC.  Why wouldn't you want to tap into that potential market, especially if you are a third party publisher and you have no contractual obligations to stay XBox360 exclusive?

Granted, Mass Effect probably won't have nearly the same kind of success that Resident Evil 5 had.  Resident Evil has always been on Playstation platforms.  Mass Effect would probably have to work a bit harder to garner the same kind of audience on the PS3.  But the payoff could be well worth it.

Actually, RE5 sold 2.7 on PS3, 2.5 on 360.

Also, 'to make more money', is that the attitude the industry should take? I mean, what's the point of multiple systems then? Mass Effect started as an Xbox franchise. IMO, that's where it should remain.

Yes, in case you didn't realize, publishers are in the business of making money.  I'm not saying that EA is going to port Mass Effect, or that they should, or need to.  I'm just saying that as a publisher, out to maximize profits for their investors, there could potentially be a market for Mass Effect on the PS3.  Bioshock and Lost Planet each sold 500k on the PS3, and those were year old ports (and Lost Planet was a poor port).  I'm sure the sequels will do even better when they are released day and date with the XBox360 version.

EA doesn't care that in your opinion, Mass Effect should remain exclusive.  If EA decides not to port Mass Effect, it won't be to give the XBox360 a unique franchise.  It'll be purely for business reasons.  They could care less about your desire to have different games on each system.  I don't even know why you keep bringing it up.

It's up to Microsoft to get people to buy an XBox360, not third party publishers and developers.

If Mass effect 2 comes out for the ps3 I will be first in line to pick it up.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius