By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Evidence for Mass Effect on PS3

Idk maybe the second but mass effect 1 was publish by microsoft and I thought microsoft help fund the first one

Around the Network
akuseru said:
ShadowSoldier said:
If it came to PS3 Id hope they would do an overhaul and make it more like Mass Effect 2, in gameplay aspects. But I hope it never comes, this gen has been horrible for exclusives as everything is multiplat nowadays

No not really. Sony and Nintendo got loads of exclusive titles. Keywords being: If you want an exclusive game, make it yourself. Don't rely on 3rd parties most of the time. I hope this comes to the PS3, as it will show that moneyhatting has no purpose. Maybe next gen, MS will do something themselves. I'm glad that money can't buy anything.

Do you know what the sales will be like after 6-12 months? After ME1 will never be on the ps3?

After all the denial? Do you know the sales of Bioshock ps3 ?

Money can buy everything,but MS doesn`t want to waste too much on full exclusivity,so it buys the cheaper timed exclusivity and makes it back based on sales.

Stan85 said:
akuseru said:
ShadowSoldier said:
If it came to PS3 Id hope they would do an overhaul and make it more like Mass Effect 2, in gameplay aspects. But I hope it never comes, this gen has been horrible for exclusives as everything is multiplat nowadays

No not really. Sony and Nintendo got loads of exclusive titles. Keywords being: If you want an exclusive game, make it yourself. Don't rely on 3rd parties most of the time. I hope this comes to the PS3, as it will show that moneyhatting has no purpose. Maybe next gen, MS will do something themselves. I'm glad that money can't buy anything.

Do you know what the sales will be like after 6-12 months? After ME1 will never be on the ps3?

After all the denial? Do you know the sales of Bioshock ps3 ?

Money can buy everything,but MS doesn`t want to waste too much on full exclusivity,so it buys the cheaper timed exclusivity and makes it back based on sales.

Timed exclusives don't help anything, it just makes Microsoft look bad and people get angry. I'm sure Japan is not pleased with TOV and Star Ocean getting complete overhauls on PS3 after they bought 360's for them.

you could probably get the game on Steam for under what $10 bucks or maybe $5 now?

Tanstalas said:
I started a new game when I played ME2, from what I have heard from reading the other posts is that the game is completly different if you import your character from ME1.

That being said, maybe Bioware is going to include ME1 and ME2 on 1 blu-ray disc and sell it for the price of 1 game?

Afterall, EA are greedy bastards, I can't see them leaving a market untapped :)

If it comes, PS3 owners will not get 2 games for the price of one, as you mentioned this is EA we're talking about...

Around the Network

i was thinking about buying a 360 to play mass effect2 so if it came out on the PS3 that would save me a lot of money and would be awesome in general for gamers and the studio.

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

CGI-Quality said:
I still don't see it happening, especially not anytime soon. I mean, is EA struggling with this one or something? Why does it NEED a PS3 release?

I say, if you want Mass Effect 2, get an Xbox 360 or update/buy a capable PC.

To make more money.  Resident Evil 5 sold 2.5 million on the PS3.  AND it sold 2.7 million on the XBox360.  Plus whatever it sold on the PC.  Mass Effect 1 sold 2.13 million on the XBox360, plus whatever it sold on the PC.  Why wouldn't you want to tap into that potential market, especially if you are a third party publisher and you have no contractual obligations to stay XBox360 exclusive?

Granted, Mass Effect probably won't have nearly the same kind of success that Resident Evil 5 had.  Resident Evil has always been on Playstation platforms.  Mass Effect would probably have to work a bit harder to garner the same kind of audience on the PS3.  But the payoff could be well worth it.

Okay for avoidence of Crow... im going to say mayhaps now...

History repeats itself. There was PS3 code on PC version of Bioshock as well... I believe it's granted. Nice. One more great game.

wat about ME1?

Play Me