By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More Evidence for Mass Effect on PS3

All that you can say for sure is that at one point in it's development, they were coding it for the PS3 also. They could have dropped the plans later, and the code remained, we'll just have to wait and see.

Around the Network

^^yea ,,,since it's EA they will figure out a way to make this game multiplat

timed exclusivity... Now how bout Mass Effect 1? Double pack would be kick ass.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Grooski said:
Its the Bioshock scenario all over again! Code found in PC version + no denial from developer = guarantee.

It could be code from a 'test' that got left behind, or it could be placeholders to allow for possibility of future release as per Bioshock or even evidence of actual development on the unreleased platform.

I am of the view that if EA can legally release it on PS3 at some point then they will, unless they decide that, like Bioshock, the game would be 'punished' by consumers for releasing much later.  I think though that the PS3 install base is now big enough that decent sales would be likely on PS3.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Getting more and more likely that Mass Effect will be hitting PS3.

Plus Bioware has said they are working on unannounced projects for PS3.

Around the Network

I started a new game when I played ME2, from what I have heard from reading the other posts is that the game is completly different if you import your character from ME1.

That being said, maybe Bioware is going to include ME1 and ME2 on 1 blu-ray disc and sell it for the price of 1 game?

Afterall, EA are greedy bastards, I can't see them leaving a market untapped :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

SpartanFX said:

they found this in PC version of MAss effect 2:

"

Does PC version of Mass Effect contains evidence of PS3 version?
Today my communicator brought me a message from my buddy containing this:

[SFXGame.BioSFHandler_CharacterR?ecord2]
m_nMaxRenegade=1900
m_nMaxParagon=1957
m_srXPFormat=340881
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessageXBox?=348754
m_srParagonRenegadeMessageXBox=3?48755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePC=3?48753
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePC=348?755
m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3=?348755 <<<<
m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3=15?3007 <<<<

For the uninitiated, the above is a source of code from PC version of new Bioware creation.
Does this mean that the PS3 version will be released later? (Temporary exclusively for Xbox 360 and PC?)Do work on port for PS3 were discontinued?

OR are those only remains of the Multi-platform game engine (which is contradicted by a fairly accurate command names like "ParagonRenegadeMessage" - Paragon and Ranegade are the status of reputation for our characters.
I got this strange filling that the Shepard is closer to the PS3 than we all think. What is your opinion ?

"http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kikoo.pl%2Fnews%2F3045-1%2FMass-Effect-2-na-ps3%2F

let's not forget the last game that this happened to.Bioshock Pc version had some PS3 codings exactly like this when asked 2K the said no no no and we all know what happened .

for all those who don't understand programming, m_srSpendTalentPointsMessagePS3 and m_srParagonRenegadeMessagePS3 are variables which are part of a class, i can tell because of the way they have been named, m stands for member whilst the prefix sr could mean string or something like that(n is used for whole numbers, f for float, p for pointers, obj for objects).

I hope this source is legit, because if it is, then I agree that ME2 is now inevitable.

Finally before anyone makes a claim that is is from the unreal engine(which allows developmet on x360,ps3, and pc), it will not be as the unreal engine is compiled into a seperate library.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

=.=....bioshock all over again? deja vu...sigh.

ShadowSoldier said:
If it came to PS3 Id hope they would do an overhaul and make it more like Mass Effect 2, in gameplay aspects. But I hope it never comes, this gen has been horrible for exclusives as everything is multiplat nowadays

No not really. Sony and Nintendo got loads of exclusive titles. Keywords being: If you want an exclusive game, make it yourself. Don't rely on 3rd parties most of the time. I hope this comes to the PS3, as it will show that moneyhatting has no purpose. Maybe next gen, MS will do something themselves. I'm glad that money can't buy anything.

Spartan, dont get me wrong.. but that OP has no proof whatsoever.. the least you could do is make a screenie..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.