By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nobuo Uematsu vs. Yasunori Mitsuda

@ selnor

Please, some of the best music I've heard in video games have come from games that Mitsuda worked on alone. Xenogears was composed by Mitsuda alone, Chrono Trigger was composed by Mitsuda mostly alone, Chrono Cross was composed by Mitsuda alone, Xenosaga: Episode 1 was composed by Mitsuda alone, Soma Bringer (an rpg that is from japan that has yet to be localized but has AMAZING music) was composed by Mitsuda alone, Arc Rise Fantasia (an rpg that is coming out in a few months that also has fantastic music) was composed by Mitsuda mostly alone. And now, Mitsuda is composing for another rpg (Xenoblade). Just listen to this song from the website

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html

This song is fantastic. You can hate on this. So IMO, its Mitsuda >>>>>>>>>>>>> Uematsu. The last game that had FANTASTIC music from Uematsu IMO was Final Fantasy 7. That was 13 years ago.

Around the Network
g-value said:
@ selnor

Please, some of the best music I've heard in video games have come from games that Mitsuda worked on alone. Xenogears was composed by Mitsuda alone, Chrono Trigger was composed by Mitsuda mostly alone, Chrono Cross was composed by Mitsuda alone, Xenosaga: Episode 1 was composed by Mitsuda alone, Soma Bringer (an rpg that is from japan that has yet to be localized but has AMAZING music) was composed by Mitsuda alone, Arc Rise Fantasia (an rpg that is coming out in a few months that also has fantastic music) was composed by Mitsuda mostly alone. And now, Mitsuda is composing for another rpg (Xenoblade). Just listen to this song from the website

This song is fantastic. You can hate on this. So IMO, its Mitsuda >>>>>>>>>>>>> Uematsu. The last game that had FANTASTIC music from Uematsu IMO was Final Fantasy 7. That was 13 years ago.

selnor said:
g-value said:
rutea7 said:

Just for the sake of clarifying, all of you who mention Chrono Trigger's OST as one of Mitsuda's most memorable do indeed realise that Uematsu co-composed the soundtrack, right? -_-

Also, my vote goes to Uematsu.  Final Fantasy VI and VIII are the most memorable OSTs to me.

Uematsu only did 3 tracks in Chrono Trigger.

No Uematsu wrote 10 for Chrono Trigger. Ther was 37 main songs alltogether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger

Oh, my bad. But those tracks were the much weaker tracks from Chrono Trigger IMO.

@ Khuutra

I'm sorry Khuutra, I don't like Final Fantasy 9's music. Though that song was great.

You don't like FF9's music

How can you live without the music gods smiting you

Around the Network

Hmm why should i chose between the two composers that made the best games i played truly epic...

So, to me. It's a tie.

@ Khuutra

I just don't like. I can't really explain why. It just didn't click with me well. IMO the music from Final Fantasy 9 is no better then the music you would fine in a tales game.

Khuutra said:
g-value said:
@ selnor

This next is IMO Uematsu's best ever non slow, non sad piece. It's just fantastic. Shame that many gamers will miss LO's fantastic soundtrack.

Is that track a spoiler, selnor

And would you call it better than Dancing Mad, or the credits of FFVI

Some videos

These are just the black mages versions