By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nobuo Uematsu vs. Yasunori Mitsuda

So you're saying you never listened to the OST for Chrono Cross, then

Around the Network

Mitsuda. I don't like very much FF music, limited to You're Not Alone, Fisherman's Horizon and the FFIV battle theme. But even those are nothing special compared to the credits theme of Chrono Trigger, Scars of Time, Dream on the Shore of Another World or Rainbow Castle from Mitsuda's Mario Party score.

Though Uematsu did compose the Brawl main theme. That was better than any of his FF work.

For the record, One-Winged Angel is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Soleron said:

Mitsuda. I don't like very much FF music, limited to You're Not Alone, Fisherman's Horizon and the FFIV battle theme. But even those are nothing special compared to the credits theme of Chrono Trigger, Scars of Time, Dream on the Shore of Another World or Rainbow Castle from Mitsuda's Mario Party score.

Though Uematsu did compose the Brawl main theme. That was better than any of his FF work.

For the record, One-Winged Angel is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

I know I say this every time it comes up, but you have fairly esoteric tastes

Sorcery said:

selnor said:

It's so obvious why Uematsu is not getting votes on this site.

LOL where the fuck is this coming from? I'd love to hear why it's "so obvious".

I also don't understand where the "more is better" logic is coming from. Does this mean that Assassin's Creed II is better than Uncharted 2 because it sold more?

Is there any reason you swear. It's rather detrimental to the site.

It's not the more is better logic. You know how many times there has been best music threads and Uematsus work has come up? Mitsuda would be lucky to have featured in those threads 18 months ago. Now FF13 is here it's OMG the guy who does composing who has worked on 6 or 7 games on his own. But had ALOT of Co workers for all his other games. I will dig the threads up and show you. This very site has agendas from many peoples.

selnor said:
Sorcery said:

selnor said:

I also don't understand where the "more is better" logic is coming from. Does this mean that Assassin's Creed II is better than Uncharted 2 because it sold more?

It's not the more is better logic. You know how many times there has been best music threads and Uematsus work has come up? Mitsuda would be lucky to have featured in those threads 18 months ago. Now FF13 is here it's OMG the guy who does composing who has worked on 6 or 7 games on his own. But had ALOT of Co workers for all his other games. I will dig the threads up and show you. This very site has agendas from many peoples.

.....Mitsuda didn't compose for FF13! What are you on about!?

Around the Network
selnor said:
Sorcery said:

selnor said:

I swore because you're so unbelievably ridiculous. You think people are voting Mitsuda because of FFXIII when he won't even touch the game. You're an ignorant pissant of a fanboy with no clue what you're talking about.

You're so obsessed with creating fanboy boundaries that it's impossible that maybe, just maybe, people prefer Mitsuda because they actually like his music more than Uematsu's gigantic collection of critically acclaimed music. Instead, you come to the conclusion that it must be because of a particular game that everyone is voting Mitsuda, which couldn't be further from the truth. Get it out of your head that everyone has fanboy logic.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Khuutra said:
Soleron said:

I know I say this every time it comes up, but you have fairly esoteric tastes

Yup. I can't help it; I would prefer to have more mainstream tastes as otherwise it makes finding good films/books/music/clothes much more difficult than it needs to be.

^ I post the entire workings of Mitsuda ( which clearly doesnt include FF13 ) and you think thats why I mentioned FF13. Leaves thread due to lack of eay understanding.

selnor said:
^ I post the entire workings of Mitsuda ( which clearly doesnt include FF13 ) and you think thats why I mentioned FF13. Leaves thread due to lack of eay understanding.

So you're saying - what? Uematsu didn't compose for FFXIII, therefore people are trying to downplay him? Do you know how asinine that argument is?

Mitsuda, by far.

Thanks to Chrono Cross & Xenogears.