By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nobuo Uematsu vs. Yasunori Mitsuda

dystopia said:
Khuutra said:
dystopia said:
Don't get me wrong, Chrono Trigger's soundtrack is pretty amazing, Mitsuda has a certain sound and it really comes through best with Xenogears and Chrono Cross.

I actually prefer Trigger's OST to Cross's

I've always felt the arrangments from Chrono Cross are just more refined then Chrono Trigger, I love the CT soundtrack and it's one of the best out there, but Xenogears and Chrono Cross are just mindblowingly good. The orchestral arragements for CT are pretty amazing though, I wish Xenogears could have gotten that treatment.

Hey Khuutra you have to hear this. Dont know why I forgot this.

Around the Network

Uematsu is a FAR more accomplished musician than Mitsuda. Both are good though, Xenogears is one of my alltime favourite soundtracks, but outside of that Chrono Trigger is his only very good one; Chrono Cross had irritating tracks on it, and Xenosaga was mostly boring.

Look at what Uematsu achieved on GB with FFL2.

Uematsu also has FF8 which has more great songs than Xenogears, and FF6 which has more great songs than Chrono Trigger and is overall better. Then there is also FF9 and FF7 - while FF7 has some irritating moments it has more moments of brilliance, and is not as close to the irritating flute that is in Chrono Cross.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUk4vxc_UtU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtp656Q9bmM

'nuff said.

Edit: I do give credit to Uematsu for FFX's soundtrack though amongst a few others.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Mitsuda's music has made me feel happy.

Uematsu's music has had me feel a more wide variety of feelings.

I'm not even sure what I feel when I hear the Final Fantasy main theme.

It feels somewhat like you feel when you hear a song that's very Nostalgia, yet was something I felt the first time I crossed that bridge.

Inspiring a feeling one can't properly put their finger on I think is a talent in it's own case even if it only has happened with me.

This is actually my favorite battle theme in a while!

The piano music that goes along with the Dream of a Thousand Years can be pretty great, too. Very sad, or else very haunting.

Around the Network

@ Khuutra

The music that plays during the Thousand Years of Dreams were fantastic. So is the main battle theme in LO. But other then that, Lost Odyssey's music was just good, not amazing. I don't really like "A Mighty Enemy Appears" that much.

g-value said:
@ Khuutra

The music that plays during the Thousand Years of Dreams were fantastic. So is the main battle theme in LO. But other then that, Lost Odyssey's music was just good, not amazing. I don't really like "A Mighty Enemy Appears" that much.

Come now. There's a boss theme to every taste.

god damn, that's like choosing between which child a parent loves more. I can't and won't even try to choose which is better, they are both among the top musical composers in the videogame world.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@ Khuutra

That is very true. Unfortunately though, that song isn't one of them. This is the kinda of battle theme I like