By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nobuo Uematsu vs. Yasunori Mitsuda

g-value said:
@ pastro243

Like I've said, those tracks were from over a decade ago. What AMAZING tracks has Uematsu made since then (you can say FFIX but I don't like it's music and you can't say FFX since the best music from FFX was not even composed by Uematsu).

So, they dont count cause they are old? and whatever you think doesnt make a song good or bad unless you trully give answers to why and an objective musical analisis of it.

Selnor put some really good songs from LO aand FFX had great songs from Uematsu too.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
g-value said:
@ pastro243

Like I've said, those tracks were from over a decade ago. What AMAZING tracks has Uematsu made since then (you can say FFIX but I don't like it's music and you can't say FFX since the best music from FFX was not even composed by Uematsu).

So, they dont count cause they are old? and whatever you think doesnt make a song good or bad unless you trully give answers to why and an objective musical analisis of it.

Selnor put some really good songs from LO aand FFX had great songs from Uematsu too.

Now that ain't fair. Musical analysis is far from necessary. One can put things very simply and communicate well the power of a song.

Example:

The Brawl theme is awesome primarily because the sound it communicates is driving, eblematic of the kind of wanton violence that Smash Bros. is supposed to be about. Uematsu writes a Latin chorus that sound damn good to an English speaker, and this is complimented by the speed and feel of the song.

See?

@ darthdevidem01

LMAO, the best you can do is bring music that Uematsu did over 2 decades ago. This is funny.

@ Khuutra

Damn, I have to admit, that track from Super Smash Bros was AMAZING!!! I can't hate on the EPICNESS of that track.

Khuutra said:
pastro243 said:
g-value said:
@ pastro243

Now that ain't fair. Musical analysis is far from necessary. One can put things very simply and communicate well the power of a song.

Example:

The Brawl theme is awesome primarily because the sound it communicates is driving, eblematic of the kind of wanton violence that Smash Bros. is supposed to be about. Uematsu writes a Latin chorus that sound damn good to an English speaker, and this is complimented by the speed and feel of the song.

See?

I know, I dont do musical analisis unless its necesary(like if someone says the Jonas Brothers make better music than queen or stuff like that).

I like to point out what and why I like about a song(like you did there) but when you call songs bad you have to at lkeast give more reasons that you own taste, at least thats what I think.

@ pastro243

The reason why I bring up the age is because I feel Uematsu isn't nearly as good now as he was back then. But even back then I preferred Mitsuda to Uematsu. Frog's Theme can't be beat (not even by Terra's Theme).

Around the Network
g-value said:
@ darthdevidem01

LMAO, the best you can do is bring music that Uematsu did over 2 decades ago. This is funny.

@ Khuutra

Damn, I have to admit, that track from Super Smash Bros was AMAZING!!! I can't hate on the EPICNESS of that track.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@ darthdevidem01

Tidus' theme was only ok to me. LO's world map theme was good but nothing amazing IMO. It got kinda annoying after a while.

@ Soriku

The original version of that song was much better. That version was still good though. Now THIS song from FFVIII was a masterpiece from Uematsu

GOD I can't get enough of this song.

g-value said:
@ darthdevidem01

Tidus' theme was only ok to me. LO's world map theme was good but nothing amazing IMO. It got kinda annoying after a while.

@ Khuutra

Umm........why are you posting the same song?