By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA offers Shenmue exclusivity in exchange for project funding!

You know, if they recycled the graphics from Shenmue 2 and put it on the Wii. It would still look great for Wii standards.

That's a good way to save money.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
rynx said:
i just dont think MS's xbox 360 will do justice for shemue 3. i think with the ps3's blu-ray yu suzuki and sega can truly make the best final epic shemue game. they can also fit in all 3 shenmue games in 1 blu-ray and make the best trilogy bundle ever and finally give shenmue the respect it deserves

don't agree with that, the original was made on the dreamcast, a system that used CDs.  Game could easily be made on multiple disks if needed like the DC games. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

rynx said:
Masakari said:
I would buy the game regardless of platform, but most likely would be MS. Sony already has Sega's Yakuza on PS3, MS doesn't have it, is looking to boost japan sales, and Shenmue II was on Xbox, so there is a connection there.

I say Microsoft is likely to at least look at this "open offer" seriously.

people need to stop bringing up shenmue 2 being on the xbox as a reason for them to get shenmue 3. first of all the port of shemue 2 on the xbox was horrible any true dc or shemue fan got the pal version (like myself). second if it wasnt for MS paying to have shemue exclusively for North America us DC owners would of been playing a better version of shemue 2 on the DC and not only that wouldnt of had to import which sega made no profits off of.

in my opinion MS paying for exclusive rights to shemue 2 is what hurt it sales. people importing the japanese/pal DC versions because no North American version was release causing sega no profits (publishers/developers make no money off imports). people pirating copies of shenmue 2 cause of no North American release. people not buying shenmue 2 for the xbox because of the shit port and since xbox didnt have much of a fanbase or install-base

What are you talking about? The Xbox version was exactly the same. The only difference was faster load times, less slowdown, english voice overs, and it was one disc. I actually imported a copy for the Dreamcast during the time of its release. I didn't find the Xbox version inferior by any means.

It was going to be unprofitable whether it came to the DC or Xbox. The Dreamcast was already dead and the Xbox audience didn't have much of a JRPG fanbase.

The 360 on the other hand has had successful RPGs (both east and west). I think Sega should put Shenmue 1 and 2 on XBLA and PSN just to see how they do. That should bring interest to Shenmue 3.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

dolemit3 said:
Shame on Sega, they are borderline prostituting themselves to get the game done.

Yeah, shame on Sega. Not wanting to risk more jobs because of another potential failure.

I'd love to see a new Shenmue, but they have enough financial problems already.

Recently Completed

Won't happen, but nice try Sega making this public. Pushing the blame for no Shenmue III over to the platform holders. So transparent . . .

Around the Network

it should be on the PS3, the capacity of the bluray may give a lot of features.

I'd say no one, it wont sell anything no matter what the platform.