By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA offers Shenmue exclusivity in exchange for project funding!

Maybe if microsoft funds the project their have 4 Japanese titles LOL

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
arsenicazure said:
Most likely it would be MS. The wii is underpowered to do this game justice. SONY have enough titles coming out of their first party studios and yakuza already...

Yet the good'old Dreamcast did the game justice just fine...

in 2000s, its 2010 :p, as in they should released it for the dreamcast.

MS seem most likely. Sony don't seem keen to fund and with FFXIII exclusive in Japan plus Yakuza arguably don't need it. I guess I could see Sony funding it initially but only with a deal that gives them first dibs on any sales margin. Bayonetta sales in Japan show that even having a better version doesn't enable 360 sales of a Japanese title to sell better, so Sony would seem to be in a good position vs Sega

Nintendo won't fund it for sure, and they also don't need it. This seems unlikely.

MS arguably need the title in Japan, are willing to fund, have a Japan team doing just that, and have had the series on Xbox before. On the other hand, the final result is sure to be a small bump in sales and perhaps and overall failure if the title doesn't sell much in the US. Still, they might do it just on the principle every small bump in Japan is worth it.

Personally though, if I was either of the console makers, I'd ask Sega just why they don't fund it if they're so sure it's going to be a success.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I hope SONY can get this awesome exclusivity,but MS seems more likely...I don't wanna get 360 in future.

Lastgengamer said:
routsounmanman said:
arsenicazure said:
Most likely it would be MS. The wii is underpowered to do this game justice. SONY have enough titles coming out of their first party studios and yakuza already...

Yet the good'old Dreamcast did the game justice just fine...

This. I was just about to say that.

For a console designed in 97/98.. yea it did fine.And If you havent seen the saturn version of the game(project berkley), the DC version was miles ahead. Comparing the wii to a 12 year old console is kinda pathetic. But you'd be a fool to think that they can get anything comparable on the wii as to what they could do on the ps360.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

Come on Nintendo, keep strengthening your ties with Sega! Demand it in return for Mario and Sonic at the London Games!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Please M$. Also the game would boost 360 sales in Japan more than any other possible 360 Japanese game. Alot of people underestimating the influence Shenmue 3 would have in Japan. Also Imagine a Shenmue 1 and 2 update in HD on Xbox Live or remakes on 360. M$ could turn this into something big if they wanted. And E3 reveal would be awesome. That there would seal E3 for whichever company got the deal.

Please M$ it was one of the best games last gen.

Microsoft might just pay for it, but most of the fanbase (Yakuza fans) are on the PS3.

Also I imagine considering the sort of pace and style of game ( sort of like slow and easy to do great graphics like Heavy Rain ) that Sega would make it look gorgeous. No processing power needed for loads of AI, 60 FPS etc.

with all the shemnue I and II game talks for PS3 (allowing to play on them via PS3), I would not be surprised if Sony already has picked this up, it would work wonders for PS3 in Japan, but we all know sony's current attitude on doing things like this is, so who knows??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1