By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii is in for an incredible year...

Tales of Graces (in NA) is not clear, but from everything I read The Grinder will be a 2011 title. My guess is Last Story won't come out in NA in 2010 either.

That said 2010 will be a great year for Wii games. But frankly for me so has 2009 been.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:

Tales of Graces (in NA) is not clear, but from everything I read The Grinder will be a 2011 title. My guess is Last Story won't come out in NA in 2010 either.

That said 2010 will be a great year for Wii games. But frankly for me so has 2009 been.

Considering they just said it's almost done, I don't see why Last Story can't be out here by the holidays.

The Grinder is still officially listed for 2010, so all we can do is assume that until it's officially delayed.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
FragiIe said:
sc94597 said:
Hisiru said:
Wait... isn't Fragile a RPG?

Yes Adventure RPG. Has elements of Action-Adventure though, and there is a foucus on exploration. The combat is strategy based as you would find in RPGs, focused on hitpoints and optimization.

Err what? Combat isn't even a big aspect of the game and its action based not really any strategy involved.

OT: 2009 looked great too but most titles slipped to 2010 or were Japan only. Im not downplaying Wii's 2010 its just gonna suck if this happens all over again. I doubt The Last Story, Xenoblade, Zelda Wii, and even maybe Zangeki no REGINLEIV and Tales of Graces will make to NA in 2010. It's possible but its I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

That said the year has been great already just beat Innocent Aces and NMH2 this week. Now playing some TvC online is nice.

That is why I said a focus on exploration, and by "strategy elements" I meant the basic ones you find in all Role Playing games. Meaning customization and optimization is important in combat. With the weapon types it is important to have and use the right weapons. An action based game would require a skill set and different attacks rather than customization, meaning you can take down anything with pretty much any weapon with minimal upgrades. Basically  there is more strategy to it than the average Action-Adventure, which distinguishes it. 

I agree with this thread.

Zelda, Last Story, Metroid... Will finally give my Wii some decent playtime!

Yes. The lineup is very much impressive, no doubt about that.

Around the Network

I miht buy more 3rd party titles this year than 1st this year. Wii's 3rd party support going th way of the DS cofirmed?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

No way I will be able to get every great Wii game this year without raping my wallet.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Great games for this year: No More Heroes, Sin & Punishment, Endless Ocean and Super Mario Galaxy sequels, Tales of Graces, Epic Mickey, Monster Hunter 3, Tatsunoko VS CAPCOM, Arc Rise Fantasia, Metroid: Other M, Last Story & Xenoblade (even if these two come only in Japan this year).

But I continue to state: Zelda won't come out this year.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
aoixgp said:
don't forget tales of graces

Oh yes I second this. 2010 year of the Wii? Very possible.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

travis said:
I don't think Zelda wii will come this year. It won't be ready and even if it was, I don't think Ninteno would launch it among mario galaxy 2 and Matroid other M. They made the mistake with Smash bros, mario kart wii mario galaxy an Wii fit. They got all releade around the same periode of time.

Also, i would not bet on that mistwalker game for this year in north america. But anyway, great games to come an I have been alreay surpise with Noe More heroes 2 an Tasunoko vs Capcom.

All of these games sold millions . . .

The Last Story? What is it?

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .