By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good job Sony, PS3's now profitable! What next?!!! Err....what?

aleusianacht88 said:
hsrob said:
aleusianacht88 said:
It really seems like some people are upset that the PS3 is turning a profit and that is a terrible attitude to have, that basically tells me you wish nothing but ill fortune of the console that is not your choice. Seriously, this should be considered good news for gaming as a whole it means Sony will be around for a long time and if you're a Microsoft fan, it means competition for you and keeping things fresh and constantly evolving.

You my friend are missing the point. The question is whether the article is even factually correct, there is a good deal of evidence to suggest that it isn't.

If the PS3 is turning a profit, great, but why aren't there a number of other articles making the same claims, because as you suggest, PS3 turning proft would b e pretty big news for the industry.

And my point is when any positive sony news comes up there are always people quick to jump up, lash out at sony, try to disprove every single thing, and on top of that these are people who constantly post Sony is doomed articles on N4G and such sites, I'm not only talking about VGChartz, you guys keep it pretty civil.

And we don't know it's not true alot of time has passed since the Slim launch, you guys aren't up in the numbers, you guys dont work for Sony, you don't see their overheads.

It's not proven that there are profits on the ps3 but there's no evidence at this point to disprove it either unless sony comes out with some recent news article that says "hey, we're still losing money"

We don't know what is going on and the only way we could is if we are seeing the overheads every day which would require you to be an employee.

Just looked at your post history......nothing else to say.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
Pingu said:
vaio said:
letsdance said:
andremop said:
letsdance said:
andremop said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
There is absolutely no way in hell that the PS3 alone made $1 billion in profit in a single quarter, while PS2 slowed down, PSP slowed down, and the PS3 was selling more consoles at a bigger loss than usual due to a recent price cut. All 3 systems made less money.

But you could tell the article was gonna be baloney as soon as they claimed the PS3 has been outselling the Wii for several months in all regions.

Hehe, yeah! I saw that too!

What about the part where the playstation is a brand that's been around for decades?

technically decades is correct

No it's not.

It's the same thing if I create a word now (let's say: foket) and say it's been around for a decade, just because it's within it's first decade of creation.

PS has 15 years. 1 decade and 5 years. So not decades.

You can say it saw 2 decades in it's lifetime. But he's not been around for decades.

So I'm going to watch a hockey game in 90 minutes. It's wrong for me to say "The hockey game starts in one and a half hours" ...No. that is correct. Would you rather me say "One hour plus another half hour till the game starts" because thats just fucking stupid.

To be around for decades you need to be around for 20+years=2+ decades and not 1,5 decades=15 years, unless you pass the 20 year mark you cant say decades

decades are judged usually on the 0 on the end ie 80's 90's and 00's Playsatation has been present in three decades and therefore it is fair to say that the brand has been around for decades not that it matters anyway or somehow affects the validity of the article

being present in 3 decades is not the same as being around for decades

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

aleusianacht88 said:
hsrob said:
aleusianacht88 said:
It really seems like some people are upset that the PS3 is turning a profit and that is a terrible attitude to have, that basically tells me you wish nothing but ill fortune of the console that is not your choice. Seriously, this should be considered good news for gaming as a whole it means Sony will be around for a long time and if you're a Microsoft fan, it means competition for you and keeping things fresh and constantly evolving.

You my friend are missing the point. The question is whether the article is even factually correct, there is a good deal of evidence to suggest that it isn't.

If the PS3 is turning a profit, great, but why aren't there a number of other articles making the same claims, because as you suggest, PS3 turning proft would b e pretty big news for the industry.

And my point is when any positive sony news comes up there are always people quick to jump up, lash out at sony, try to disprove every single thing, and on top of that these are people who constantly post Sony is doomed articles on N4G and such sites, I'm not only talking about VGChartz, you guys keep it pretty civil.

And we don't know it's not true alot of time has passed since the Slim launch, you guys aren't up in the numbers, you guys dont work for Sony, you don't see their overheads.

It's not proven that there are profits on the ps3 but there's no evidence at this point to disprove it either unless sony comes out with some recent news article that says "hey, we're still losing money"

We don't know what is going on and the only way we could is if we are seeing the overheads every day which would require you to be an employee.

How can you defend this article.

It contains wrong factual information and It offends the other systems saying they don't have "a sheer amount of great games".

it's so passionate towards sony it can be called fanboyism. So no, nobody is attacking sony, only the article.

Wait CGI......did you read this article before you posted it?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

letsdance said:

So I'm going to watch a hockey game in 90 minutes. It's wrong for me to say "The hockey game starts in one and a half hours" ...No. that is correct. Would you rather me say "One hour plus another half hour till the game starts" because thats just fucking stupid.

Patient: Doctor, my period is weeks late.

Doctor: How long exactly?

Patient: 10 days.

Doctor: Oh, so you must have the same definition of time as that stupid blog post I read this morning on Vgchartz.com.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
andremop said:
aleusianacht88 said:
hsrob said:
aleusianacht88 said:

It contains wrong factual information and It offends the other systems saying they don't have "a sheer amount of great games".

it's so passionate towards sony it can be called fanboyism. So no, nobody is attacking sony, only the article.

I'm not defending the article, I'm speaking against the well known mentality of some people when anything Sony positive comes up regardless of what it is. Where in my post did it show that I was defending the article? We dont know for sure if they are making a profit yet or not, we dont work for them and we do not see their overheads.

CGI-Quality said:
andremop said:
aleusianacht88 said:
hsrob said:
aleusianacht88 said:

How can it be wrong and factual at the same time?

heh, you got me there!

But I can always play the card "me not speak english good!"

It dose look like SONY could be getting back on track but I would love to see SONY get back to the way they were back in 1995 when Playstation was about GAMES more then anything else when there was more awesome JRPGs then you could have ever hoped for. The PS2 also was more about games then the PS3 was at the start.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

jesus kung fu magic said:
aleusianacht88 said:
hsrob said:
aleusianacht88 said:

Just looked at your post history......nothing else to say.

What is that supposed to mean? seriously.

Pingu said:

decades are judged usually on the 0 on the end ie 80's 90's and 00's Playsatation has been present in three decades and therefore it is fair to say that the brand has been around for decades not that it matters anyway or somehow affects the validity of the article

I was born in the 1980s. I saw the 20th century, and now I'm in the 21st century. Have I been alive for centuries? Or millenia? No. Using that logic, the current generation of consoles have all been around for decades, and Nintendo and the Playstation Brand have both been active for millenia. That's wrong.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption