By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good job Sony, PS3's now profitable! What next?!!! Err....what?

He says the PlayStation brand has been around for decades...um, math isn't this guy's strong suit (nor is writing, for that matter), is it?

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
There is absolutely no way in hell that the PS3 alone made $1 billion in profit in a single quarter, while PS2 slowed down, PSP slowed down, and the PS3 was selling more consoles at a bigger loss than usual due to a recent price cut. All 3 systems made less money.

But you could tell the article was gonna be baloney as soon as they claimed the PS3 has been outselling the Wii for several months in all regions.

Bzzzzzz WRONG! Ps3 selling at less loss because of the price cut.

There is absolutely no way in hell that the PS3 alone made $1 billion in profit in a single quarter, while PS2 slowed down, PSP slowed down, and the PS3 was selling more consoles at a bigger loss than usual due to a recent price cut. All 3 systems made less money.

But you could tell the article was gonna be baloney as soon as they claimed the PS3 has been outselling the Wii for several months in all regions.

Hehe, yeah! I saw that too!

What about the part where the playstation is a brand that's been around for decades?

Calm down, Jesus...

andremop said:

What about the part where the playstation is a brand that's been around for decades?

technically decades is correct

Around the Network

Bit of a fanboy ode and no where did I see anything to support the claim that the PS3 has become profitable. I have no doubt that it will but let's not jump the gun.

letsdance said:

Are you sure about that?

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
letsdance said:

Are you sure about that?

Kaz himself confirmed it (right after price cuts)... along with isuppli. So, yes, I am sure about that.

Um, hard to believe...

letsdance said:
andremop said:

technically decades is correct

No it's not.

It's the same thing if I create a word now (let's say: foket) and say it's been around for a decade, just because it's within it's first decade of creation.

PS has 15 years. 1 decade and 5 years. So not decades.

You can say it saw 2 decades in it's lifetime. But he's not been around for decades.