By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good job Sony, PS3's now profitable! What next?!!! Err....what?

I'm lost for words if the Gaming Division alone made that much profit o_O.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Around the Network

Sony's next movie is pushing 3D...

Chances are Uncharted 3 will be they use to highlight 3-D gaming. Sony needs a game equivalent to Avatar. A game that'll move a ton of hardware (PS3 + tvs etc) and that demonstrates the potential of 3D gaming technology.

According to Nikkei, the gaming division (network devices division or w/e) posted a profit last quarter. That's all we know.

I believe Sony Ericsson posted a loss, and if they're in the same division (I believe they are along with Sony Vaio), then that's a sign of good things for SCE in particular.

It's sony and not sony gaming division.
And Kowenicki already explained in another thread that operanting profit, although good, is not net profit and can even be a loss of money.

This article can do so much damage to sony fanboys. If I am right and others already mentioned it in other threads this is operating profit...not net profit it is possible that they still lost money;...?

Around the Network

How many times have companies 'failed to meet analyst expectations'?? Im calling bull on SCE profitability until I see it on the balance sheet and not a second before.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

"One thing that separates PS3 from its competition is the sheer amount of great titles that are available for the system. "

This part of the "article" made me angry. Yes, only the PS3 has a "sheer amount of great titles". Only his beloved PS3.

Oh, well... just another fanboy article.

I'd love to see how the Playstation alone did. Oh well, no chance of that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

There is absolutely no way in hell that the PS3 alone made $1 billion in profit in a single quarter, while PS2 slowed down, PSP slowed down, and the PS3 was selling more consoles at a bigger loss than usual due to a recent price cut. All 3 systems made less money.

But you could tell the article was gonna be baloney as soon as they claimed the PS3 has been outselling the Wii for several months in all regions.

How come ps3 has been outselling wii and 360 for months?