By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good job Sony, PS3's now profitable! What next?!!! Err....what?

aleusianacht88 said:
andremop said:

How can you defend this article.

It contains wrong factual information and It offends the other systems saying they don't have "a sheer amount of great games".

it's so passionate towards sony it can be called fanboyism. So no, nobody is attacking sony, only the article.

I'm not defending the article, I'm speaking against the well known mentality of some people when anything Sony positive comes up regardless of what it is. Where in my post did it show that I was defending the article? We dont know for sure if they are making a profit yet or not, we dont work for them and we do not see their overheads.

I think you have this website confused with somewhere else. This is not the epicenter of Sony hate website, quite possibly you could say exactly the opposite.

Around the Network

While I don't think that the Gaming Division will actually turn a profit for a few more quarters it will be nice to see Sony as a whole do better.

I just hope they don't turn back into the Sony of OLD where they talk so much shit and rarely back it up, not to mention the ARROGANCE. Just produce good games, reliable consoles and keep your collective mouths shut and you will do well with the masses.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

CommonMan said:
aleusianacht88 said:
andremop said:

How can you defend this article.

It contains wrong factual information and It offends the other systems saying they don't have "a sheer amount of great games".

it's so passionate towards sony it can be called fanboyism. So no, nobody is attacking sony, only the article.

I'm not defending the article, I'm speaking against the well known mentality of some people when anything Sony positive comes up regardless of what it is. Where in my post did it show that I was defending the article? We dont know for sure if they are making a profit yet or not, we dont work for them and we do not see their overheads.

I think you have this website confused with somewhere else. This is not the epicenter of Sony hate website, quite possibly you could say exactly the opposite.

I wasn't just referring to VGChartz, I was referring to the anti-sony mentality as a whole.

damndl0ser said:
While I don't think that the Gaming Division will actually turn a profit for a few more quarters it will be nice to see Sony as a whole do better.

I just hope they don't turn back into the Sony of OLD where they talk so much shit and rarely back it up, not to mention the ARROGANCE. Just produce good games, reliable consoles and keep your collective mouths shut and you will do well with the masses.

So if they turn into the Sony of OLD that did have a great deal of first and third party support, that would be a problem? The sony of old is the PS1 and PS2 where they had ALL the games, I miss the PS1 era.

CGI-Quality said:
damndl0ser said:

This needs to apply to all. Every one of these companies (Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft) has had one or more of these problems before.

I agree with you 100%.  

I can't stand any company that comes off as Arrogant or Cocky. 

Around the Network
aleusianacht88 said:
damndl0ser said:

So if they turn into the Sony of OLD that did have a great deal of first and third party support, that would be a problem? The sony of old is the PS1 and PS2 where they had ALL the games, I miss the PS1 era.

The Sony of old that asked me to go out and get a second job in order to pay for my Playstation gaming habbit.   Anyone who would want that type of atmosphere back has problems IMHO...

damndl0ser said:
CGI-Quality said:
damndl0ser said:

This needs to apply to all. Every one of these companies (Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft) has had one or more of these problems before.

I agree with you 100%.  

That's Micrsoft this gen, everything they come out and say is arrogant and borderline rude. Aaron Greenberg...god i hate that guy.

CGI-Quality said:

I can understand Sony and Microsoft falling under that label, but I haven't seen much from Nintendo which meets those criteria for a while now.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

aleusianacht88 said:
damndl0ser said:
CGI-Quality said:
damndl0ser said:

I agree with you 100%.  

That's Micrsoft this gen, everything they come out and say is arrogant and borderline rude. Aaron Greenberg...god i hate that guy.

And yet, no quotations from him here: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6801&mp=1

Are you sure Microsoft is the arrogant one this gen?

aleusianacht88 said:
damndl0ser said:
CGI-Quality said:
damndl0ser said:

I agree with you 100%.  

I will agree with you that Aaron Greenberg is a bit of an ass and I don't agree with some of the things he has done as of late.   But that was nothing compared to the stuff Sony was doing just before and after the launch of the PS3.  They were so overconfident and arrogant it was not funny.  If you don't believe me you need to go look at some of the stuff Sony said back then.  I don't have the time or I would give you some links.

Like I said earlier it doesn't matter which company is doing it, it is wrong and I don't agree with it.  And to be honest it is one of the reasons I held off from purchasing a ps3 at first.  And if Sony did rise to the top again and they pulled this shit with the PS4, I would certainly hold off from purchasing it as well, or a Xbox 720, or a WII HD etc....

This is the last response I will give to the cockiness/arrogant part of this thread.  I don't want to get the thread side tracked any worse than it already is.