By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama Cans Constellation: No going to the moon, America

Rath said:
HappySqurriel said:
Rath said:

@Happy. Or perhaps he is one of those rare politicians who follows the idea of what he believes is best for the people rather than what the people want.

If the publics opinion turns against climate change it doesn't make it any less real, to be honest the publics opinion is pretty well worthless in science as they just believe whoever has the best propaganda machine going rather than actually looking at the basis of the science.

Edit: I think its sad to lose such scientific opportunities as this but I believe other nations will reach the moon soon anyway.

George W. Bush made a very similar decision to continue believing the manipulative and fraudulent intelligence supporting the war in Iraq and we saw how well that worked out ...

Leaders who make a decision against public opinion in the presence of questionable information are seen as being visionaries when correct, and corrupt morons when they get it wrong. An intelligent leader will go out of their way to ensure that the manipulated information they have is still valid, and is not fraudulent, before they make their decisions; and will not blindly make decisions based on faith that he is correct.

... really?

You truly think those are comparable situations in the slightest?

How many trillions of dollars will Cap & Trade cost the economy, and how many millions of lives will it ruin?

Around the Network

Man Obama loves to spend money. I could make a joke but it would be in poor taste if I make it over the Internet. I don't like being in debt, get rid of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Rath said:

@Happy. Or perhaps he is one of those rare politicians who follows the idea of what he believes is best for the people rather than what the people want.

If the publics opinion turns against climate change it doesn't make it any less real, to be honest the publics opinion is pretty well worthless in science as they just believe whoever has the best propaganda machine going rather than actually looking at the basis of the science.

Edit: I think its sad to lose such scientific opportunities as this but I believe other nations will reach the moon soon anyway.

On the first point, a lot of people said Bush was the same way about the war on terror, but I doubt that you saw his stance on that as being principled (and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't).  The argument can be easily made about any president or politician who goes against the grain and it that explanation is one of several possible reasons for them to do it - and not all of those reasons I would consider valid.  In short - its pure speculation as to his reasons, so while I won't attribute malice to the decision, I'm also not going to assume it is a principled choice.

As for the public opinion not making it any less real, I agree. With that said however the several scandals that have hit the IPCC in just the last 2 weeks certainly do destroy much of its credability and in fact substantiates a lot of the points I raised to you months ago about the IPCC and their piss-poor adherence to their own standards.  

I won't go into the specifics here since it isn't the topic, but suffice it to say at this point it would be more accurate to say AGW is hanging by a thread than it is to say there is any sort of scientific consensus on it. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

After we screw this planet he's gonna eish we could escape it to go somewhere else

TheRealMafoo said:
While I don't mind to much getting rid of NASA if you want. I mean what it does is what a country with money should be doing, and we are not that country.

What bothers me the most about all this, is he is not taking the money and paying down debt. He is just spending it on something else... and in this case, something utterly pointless.

We get it;you don't like obama. We understand. Every thread you make is about how obama is bad and he's doing this wrong. Don't you have anything better to talk about.

Around the Network

Honestly,who really cares about NASA?

oldschoolfool said:
TheRealMafoo said:
While I don't mind to much getting rid of NASA if you want. I mean what it does is what a country with money should be doing, and we are not that country.

What bothers me the most about all this, is he is not taking the money and paying down debt. He is just spending it on something else... and in this case, something utterly pointless.

We get it;you don't like obama. We understand. Every thread you make is about how obama is bad and he's doing this wrong. Don't you have anything better to talk about.

What would be better to talk about then the direction the world is heading? A TV show? Some cool song I just heard?

I have a thread going about the iPad. Does that make you happy?

And I didn't start this thread, and to be honest, most of my issue is less with Obama, and more with Nancy Pelosi, the person who really runs this country.

He talks about "his budget", an what he is going to do to save our economy. It's all posturing that all Presidents do. Congress spends our money, not the white house. 

To be honest, there is very little he has actually done wrong this year, because he has not had the chance to screw up. Congress can't pass anything for him to sign.

You have inspired me to start a new thread.. thank you :)

TheRealMafoo said:
oldschoolfool said:
TheRealMafoo said:

What would be better to talk about then the direction the world is heading? A TV show? Some cool song I just heard?

And I didn't start this thread, and to be honest, most of my issue is less with Obama, and more with Nancy Pelosi, the person who really runs this country.

He talks about "his budget", an what he is going to do to save our economy. It's all posturing that all Presidents do. Congress spends our money, not the white house. 

To be honest, there is very little he has actually done wrong this year, because he has not had the chance to screw up. Congress can't pass anything for him to sign.

I agree with what your saying,but most people don't want to talk politics on a gaming web site. That's all I'm saying.

I've never understood the hatred for NASA and other space agencies. They are not exactly the most expensive things to fund, and yet the results they achieve are often spectacular. Mankind has learned so much by having NASA.

Just think about a world without space flight. I wouldn't even be able to even tell you this.

oldschoolfool said:
TheRealMafoo said:
oldschoolfool said:
TheRealMafoo said:

I agree with what your saying,but most people don't want to talk politics on a gaming web site. That's all I'm saying.

I post here for a few reasons.

One is I have been doing it for years, and I know all the people. More fun to argue among friends then just randome people.

Secondly, most people here are young, and those are the people I want to get interested in Politics. I am 40, and by the time this world really gets screwed up, I will be dead. The 16 year old however needs to care a lot more then I do. Just hoping I can instill some form of government awareness into people who otherwise are not exposed to it.

And it's just a few a posts a week in the Off Topic. Not sure it really impacts anyones experience :)