By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama Cans Constellation: No going to the moon, America

TheRealMafoo said:
oldschoolfool said:
TheRealMafoo said:
oldschoolfool said:
TheRealMafoo said:
While I don't mind to much getting rid of NASA if you want. I mean what it does is what a country with money should be doing, and we are not that country.

What bothers me the most about all this, is he is not taking the money and paying down debt. He is just spending it on something else... and in this case, something utterly pointless.

We get it;you don't like obama. We understand. Every thread you make is about how obama is bad and he's doing this wrong. Don't you have anything better to talk about.

What would be better to talk about then the direction the world is heading? A TV show? Some cool song I just heard?

I have a thread going about the iPad. Does that make you happy?

And I didn't start this thread, and to be honest, most of my issue is less with Obama, and more with Nancy Pelosi, the person who really runs this country.

He talks about "his budget", an what he is going to do to save our economy. It's all posturing that all Presidents do. Congress spends our money, not the white house. 

To be honest, there is very little he has actually done wrong this year, because he has not had the chance to screw up. Congress can't pass anything for him to sign.

You have inspired me to start a new thread.. thank you :)

I agree with what your saying,but most people don't want to talk politics on a gaming web site. That's all I'm saying.

I post here for a few reasons.

One is I have been doing it for years, and I know all the people. More fun to argue among friends then just randome people.

Secondly, most people here are young, and those are the people I want to get interested in Politics. I am 40, and by the time this world really gets screwed up, I will be dead. The 16 year old however needs to care a lot more then I do. Just hoping I can instill some form of government awareness into people who otherwise are not exposed to it.

And it's just a few a posts a week in the Off Topic. Not sure it really impacts anyones experience :)

good post sir. points well taken.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
TheRealMafoo said:
oldschoolfool said:

I agree with what your saying,but most people don't want to talk politics on a gaming web site. That's all I'm saying.

I post here for a few reasons.

One is I have been doing it for years, and I know all the people. More fun to argue among friends then just randome people.

Secondly, most people here are young, and those are the people I want to get interested in Politics. I am 40, and by the time this world really gets screwed up, I will be dead. The 16 year old however needs to care a lot more then I do. Just hoping I can instill some form of government awareness into people who otherwise are not exposed to it.

And it's just a few a posts a week in the Off Topic. Not sure it really impacts anyones experience :)

good post sir. points well taken.

Thank you very much! :)

Nice choices in games you have btw, I just got Dragon Age a few weeks ago (on the PC). I picked up Mass Effect 2 but want to finish DA first, so I am going to go play that. Take care!

If we don't take control of the moon, Mars is going to do it first. And NOBODY wants those guys living next door. Bad move, Obama.

Sorry, but, I think space travel should be left to the private sector, anyways, a few large firms are starting to get involved, now. Even with these cuts, we'll be much further in space development than this anyway, driven by the space tourism market.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/burt_rutan_sees_the_future_of_space.html

EDIT: Sorry, I just saw that he's going to be diverting the money towards global warming?! Okay, now I'm pissed.

Samuel -

Yeah, that is my problem with it.

If Obama wants to cut NASA's budget because of private space contracts starting to become more maturated in the market, I think that is not only acceptable but GOOD.

But if your taking money from one project that will have great results, and putting it towards another one that is not only well-funded but something that is being done by countless other countries, you take away what makes NASA unique for something that is very.....Speculative in some circles. Even if you argue its not, then you'd have to think of the countless other scientists working on climate change, and wonder why we're scrapping a lunar colony for THAT.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.