By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Holy Cow!Uncharted 2 has won 100 GOTY awards!

Yay for Demon's Souls getting 4 GOTYs. And one from a PC focussed site (PC World). Best sub-million selling game EVAH!!11!

While Mass Effect 2 can win the most GOTYs this year I think there is enough competition that it probably won't make the ton like Uncharted 2. Besides by Year's end it will be 3xmultiplat, rather than 2x

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

wow!!! it deserves every one of them! I think 2010 will be a close race between Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and God of War 3 for most GOTY awards

Uncharted 2 is amazing, it deserves all of them, I just think Killzone 2 deserved a bit more credit, Killzone was the best FPS of 2009, in my opinion

Seriously, no NSMB Wii??? There's absolutely no correlation between GOTY and popularity and sales I guess.

leo-j said:
ME2 has a 96 on metacritic, and got a 9.7 on GT

trust me its winning GOTY, and its on XBOX 360

It released in January. GoTY tends to release from August-December.

It's possible, but not certain.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Are there any official stats of how much play U2 gets oniline ?

I think this years GOTY will be between God of War 3 and Mass Effect 2.

Anyway kudos to Uncharted, the best game yet this generation, well deserved. I just feel sorry for Naughty Dog, trying to top it with the next installment, poor guys will have to work around the clock :)

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

KZ2 Goty! Now we can get a Goty edition with the DLC map packs!

Demon's Soul got just 4, but racked in one of the big ones (Gamespot).

darconi said:
Seriously, no NSMB Wii??? There's absolutely no correlation between GOTY and popularity and sales I guess.

That's the point of GOTY - only quality matters.

As for Mass Effect 2 hmm it would get plenty of GOTY if they released it in late Q3 or Q4. With release in january a lot of people will be forgetting about it. Plus Alan , Last Guardian and Heavy Rain can steal a lot of fame from it if they live up to current expectasions.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
darconi said:

That's the point of GOTY - only quality matters.

As for Mass Effect 2 hmm it would get plenty of GOTY if they released it in late Q3 or Q4. With release in january a lot of people will be forgetting about it. Plus Alan , Last Guardian and Heavy Rain can steal a lot of fame from it if they live up to current expectasions.

And Gow3, GT5, and Halo Reach.