By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Holy Cow!Uncharted 2 has won 100 GOTY awards!

Lurker said:
leo-j said:
ME2 has a 96 on metacritic, and got a 9.7 on GT

trust me its winning GOTY, and its on XBOX 360

There's a ton of games that can challenge it. God of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2, Last Guardian if it comes out, Zelda Wii, GT5, Alan Wake, etc

GT will not give GOW3, or LAST GUARDIAN anything higher than a 9.3

they themselves have said that PS3 games that don't bring anything innovative and ground breaking into the table will not get anything higher than what Uncharted 2 got from them, a 93.

360 games is different, its there favorite platform, therefore its easier to score a game higher. Look it up Shane himself said it on Invisible walls.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Lurker said:
leo-j said:

There's a ton of games that can challenge it. God of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2, Last Guardian if it comes out, Zelda Wii, GT5, Alan Wake, etc

GT will not give GOW3, or LAST GUARDIAN anything higher than a 9.3

they themselves have said that PS3 games that don't bring anything innovative and ground breaking into the table will not get anything higher than what Uncharted 2 got from them, a 93.

360 games is different, its there favorite platform, therefore its easier to score a game higher. Look it up Shane himself said it on Invisible walls.

... You do know that GT only has to do with their own GOTY awards, right? They have nothing to do with the VGAs if you thought so. GTs awards don't mean anything at all, what is your point?

Well...

Goes to show just how much the game dominated last year.

And it makes me double happy to see MW2 not even get on the podium

leo-j said:

Nah its on PC and also in Low Res on the 360

VGA and such things mean nothing.
Sure Uncharted 2 was the best game last year but only in the West(i love UC2)
Famitsu and Japan are more important and they say FF13(their best game ever),DQ9 and and are much better - Mass Effect 2 would probably get there what it deserves...34% and 5-10k sold copies.

Most of the US Sites are dumb and dont know what is really good and important.
Hyping their own Console to the End....HALO OMG IT LOOKS LIKE HALO 3 AND THERES ONE GUN MORE - OMFG SO AWESOME.BEST GAME EVER!

Gears of Effect 2 9.7?
Then GT5,GoW3,Alan Wake,The Last Gurdian,End of Eternity,FF13,Ar Tonelico 3,3D Dot Game Heroes and and  deserves 200000.7
I played most of them(End of Eternity right now) and these are all > ME2
Japanese Games ftw!

PS : Also completed ME2 on PC last Week in 17 hours - Wheres the Rest of the Game and the RPG?All i did was shooting,shooting and more shooting.

100 GOTY's ! It's going to be hard for Uncharted 3 to top Uncharted 2

Killzone on the list ? Wow, I thought that game was forgotten.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Unfortunately the sales aren't reflecting all the just praise.

I am also happy that Batman: Arkham Asylum took second spot in that list, I'm currently addicted to it. :)

MW2 placing top 3 out all games released in 2009 with all the controversy and negative critism it got is still pretty impressive. Uncharted 2 deserves it.