By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Mistwalker developed The Last Story!

Pity I enjoyed mistwalker's games on X360.

Around the Network

It looks definitely nice and when Lost Odyssey was so awesome I don't have doubts about this one either. One game to the list I will be buying if I buy Wii.

megaman79 said:
Shonen said:
megaman79 said:
Metroid Other M site is LIVE - http://metroid.jp/

EXCITE XXXXXXXXOOOOOO

Anyone pleaseeeeeeeeee make a translation of what says at the intro from metroid site pleaseeeeeee ...

She's saying:

"A dream. It's as if I was watching a playback of a tragedy that really happened."

Thank You i never imagine that could get sow much hype from a single sentence ...

Other M : You gonna makes me fall even more for Samus ... (she is so freaking hot)

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

I will only be looking forward to this if it's an action RPG, using WM+. I don't see that happening, and I'm probably in the minority on a site like this, but I'd bet something like that would have a better chance at hitting the mainstream.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Holy crap this is some good news! I loved Lost Odyssey! Now the wait for more info. Grrr!

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Hopefully this is good, Lost Odyssey was amazing, Blue Dragon made me want to rip my ears off so...if it's good I'll buy it

Looks like a great game and good news for Nintendo, but...

Could this be a more shameless attempt at ripping off Final Fantasy? I mean the logo is IDENTICAL, the world last is a synonym for final and fantasy a synonym for story.

God I just hope the actual game isn't so, similiar... the last thing the JRPG genre needs is another of the 'big players' living up to it's cliches.

rastari said:
It depends on wether it releases before dragon quest x or not, Could provide decent sales in japan.

It is.  TLS is 2010, DQX won't be.

jammy2211 said:
Looks like a great game and good news for Nintendo, but...

Could this be a more shameless attempt at ripping off Final Fantasy? I mean the logo is IDENTICAL, the world last is a synonym for final and fantasy a synonym for story.

God I just hope the actual game isn't so, similiar... the last thing the JRPG genre needs is another of the 'big players' living up to it's cliches.

Can you really call it a ripoff considering it's being made by the guy who invented Final Fantasy?

Well yeah, I suppose you can.

Seems more like he's trying to "Get back his IP" more then anything else.

It's why I'm a bit skeptical honestly.

Not for the reasons you say so much as... well... you never see the "next great" thing promoted as being just like something else... even if they are the same.

Kasz216 said:

Can you really call it a ripoff considering it's being made by the guy who invented Final Fantasy?

Well yeah, I suppose you can.

Seems more like he's trying to "Get back his IP" more then anything else.

It's why I'm a bit skeptical honestly.

Not for the reasons you say so much as... well... you never see the "next great" thing promoted as being just like something else... even if they are the same.

Exactly, when was the last time an "X killer" actually managed to kill game X? Killzone 2 did not kill Halo. Forza did not kill GT. Etc.

I will remain skeptical unless I see them breaking the conventions of jRPG's in a way that can bring in a wider audience.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.