By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Mistwalker developed The Last Story!

nice, this company does few enough games that you can expect quality (not like SE and their non FF/DQ main series games...)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Omg I'm about to cry now. The music sounds amazing and I'm already so hyped for this. *-*

Take a look at my photos on flickr

What if it's Final Fantasy On-Rails XD

Kasz216 said:

Ironically you could say Mistwalker is a similar situation as Square when Final Fantasy came out.

They're in financial trouble? I'm just curious.

Kasz216 said:
The Last Story made by the guys behind Final Fantasy.

Makes sense... when I first heard the name "The Last Story" I thought Final Fantasy... but I also thought it was too much a coincidence to be the same.

Ironically you could say Mistwalker is a similar situation as Square when Final Fantasy came out.

Wasn't Square a shovelware developer at risk of going bust at the time? That's hardly what Mistwalker is, even if their games don't light up the charts that dramatically.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Kasz216 said:
The Last Story made by the guys behind Final Fantasy.

Makes sense... when I first heard the name "The Last Story" I thought Final Fantasy... but I also thought it was too much a coincidence to be the same.

Wasn't Square a shovelware developer at risk of going bust at the time? That's hardly what Mistwalker is, even if their games don't light up the charts that dramatically.

I'd say it's similiar enough.  They aren't going to end up bankrupt yet, but I don't think they can stay at what they're at.

I hardly think the name is a coincidence.

mai said:
I'm just asking for not traditional approach to game design, it was painful to play Lost Odyssey thanks to random encounters and little strategy involved in regular battles. But good news, I guess.

After seeing ASH for the DS , i think you can expect that "something else" factor ...

Oh boy the music is amazing *-* ... 

Nintendo should incorporate MistWalk as a second party once for all ... 

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Holy crap at all the wii news today in Japan.

2010 will so totally be the best year for the wii.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

OMG! It's a crazy day! can't wait for morer information. I just hope we won't be deceived... Wii RPG are coming! =)

Choice is yours

Metroid Other M site is LIVE - http://metroid.jp/

EXCITE XXXXXXXXOOOOOO

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.