By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 over 360 again nice.

Around the Network

Interesting that the PS2 has only dropped 4k since last year. There must be some good deals on.

Virtual tie between HD-consoles.

@ solid: shortages? :s I thought those were fixed a while back, so that's not an issue I think (would be weird for Sony to undership now...)

Auron said:
Lurker said:
rccsetzer said:
Everyone now wants a videogame that has a blu-ray player. It is the HD and (future) 3D thingy! But, i thought Mass Effect 2 could move hardware. Will we see its effects only next week?

Mass Effect 2 won't move hardware. You need the first one to even enjoy it 100%

Seriously??  Damn and i deleted my saves from the first one.  What will i be missing out on?

I think he just means that you need to have experienced the story from the first one, not necessarily that you need your save data.

Why is it nice that the PS3 is over the 360. Just matching the 360 is still a long way off on making any head way in NA. Also you have to wonder if those sells are just for Blu-ray, PS3 gaming or both. If software sells do not increase with hardware purchase then thats not a winning formula for Sony.

Around the Network
ViolentPhlegm said:
Auron said:
Lurker said:
rccsetzer said:
Everyone now wants a videogame that has a blu-ray player. It is the HD and (future) 3D thingy! But, i thought Mass Effect 2 could move hardware. Will we see its effects only next week?

Seriously??  Damn and i deleted my saves from the first one.  What will i be missing out on?

I think he just means that you need to have experienced the story from the first one, not necessarily that you need your save data.

I meant both. A ton of stuff does carry over from the first one with the save data and it's nice to know the backstory of Shepard before jumping in to the sequel.

Having your save data is immensely worth carrying over. Feels like 1 big game instead of a sequel. Seems like you have control.

Lurker said:
ViolentPhlegm said:
Auron said:
Lurker said:
rccsetzer said:

I meant both. A ton of stuff does carry over from the first one with the save data and it's nice to know the backstory of Shepard before jumping in to the sequel.

That sucks, i probably will d/l a game save or get one from a friend.

Here's last years numbers again, this time without the untidy code:

Wii 263,096
DS 162,757
360 82,123
PS3 53,223
PSP 49,466
PS2 26,875

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Machiavellian said:
Why is it nice that the PS3 is over the 360. Just matching the 360 is still a long way off on making any head way in NA. Also you have to wonder if those sells are just for Blu-ray, PS3 gaming or both. If software sells do not increase with hardware purchase then thats not a winning formula for Sony.

Although software has to follow, it's quite a lot better than what sony has been doing the past few years (not comparable to the ps2, I know).

Diverting it to blu-ray is a bit overboard. It sold a console, that's all that matters, as that is all we can know about its purpose. It might not particularly serve gaming needs, but it has the possibility to make sony money on games, psn, blu-ray. Arguably games bring in a bigger cut of money, but still it's a revenue stream for Sony. No need to diminish it by pointing to blu-ray.