By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ Check again.

I'm not checking, I'm asking.  Have the figures handy?

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Is it still tracking in line with PS1? I know late 1997 was when PS1 took off, and while slim's made for a nice mini-recovery I'd think last year would've been when it and PS1 parted ways?

If these graphs are accurate, then no.

Sony expects ~36mil PS3s by the end of March, when the PS1 was at ~33mil. The PS3 may stay above as long as until the end of September, when the PS1 hits 43mil.

c0rd said:
jarrod said:
Is it still tracking in line with PS1? I know late 1997 was when PS1 took off, and while slim's made for a nice mini-recovery I'd think last year would've been when it and PS1 parted ways?

If these graphs are accurate, then no.

Sony expects ~36mil PS3s by the end of March, when the PS1 was at ~33mil. The PS3 may stay above as long as until the end of September, when the PS1 hits 43mil.

Oh, I thought we were talking NA?  WW comparisons would get skewed thanks to PS1's dramatically longer launch delays, the only way to do that accurately would be launch aligning by region (and I don't think we have that data?).

Oh, I assumed it was WW, because...

If we're talking NA, it isn't anywhere close. The PS1 shipments are probably around 50% higher than the PS3's at this point, around 19-20 million. 1997 was indeed a huge year.