By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

that's gamestop, but best buy had mountains of wii's and 360s and 250gb ps3s during december.

I don't know why they would lower production now that sales are starting to go back to normal

mM
Around the Network

They may have lowered production back in Autumn, and it's only causing an issue now after that bumper December.

Let's not forget also that more Wii's are being shipped to Japan.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

The PS3 slightly over the 360 again. That's not good for 360 because the Americas is their home territory. And, they need to be thousands ahead of the PS3 in America to offset the pops the PS3 almost always gets from Europe and Japan.

At this rate and with the big Spring releases on their way, Sony could cut the margin down to under 5 million for the first time in a long time very soon and closer to 4 million by E3. And maybe down to 3 million by the time Arc and Natal are released.

One commentator that I've listened to said Sony could come close to ending this timed dlc advantage for the 360 if they could narrow the margin down to 3 million.

Will Microsoft announce a price cut for 360 in the near future to try to prevent this from happening?

It took two price cuts in Europe for 360 to get the advantage from the PS3 there last time, but one would think one could certainly do the trick in the Americans, and they might be on the verge of needing one.

The PS3 is still holding strong because of the price cut. It was just too damn expensive for most people. 400 - 500 bucks for a game system is not worth it to the masses. I put in a few hours of OT when I bought mine, so I wouldnt feel so guilty about spending that much. I hope Sony learned from that mistake.

If PS3 keeps outselling the 360 in NA, do you guys think MS will cut the price??

Anyway, good numbers all around.

Tifa got MOVES!

CGI-Quality said:
jneul said:
BladeOfGod said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
You should put the numbers in the OP, not keep them in the 3rd post.

And PS3 > 360 because it is now affordable.

Great numbers all round. Ignoring PSP.

for now...

and its PS3=360 to be fair.

and yeah... psp needs..... something.

thats funny, i tought 78.362 was a bigger number than 77.276

lol they always say that when the ps3 outsells the x360 by an amount like that, but if x360 sells just 1 unit then ps3, well it goes back to ps3 is doomed and NPD says it all. (which is false)

Well, to be fair, when the number is that close you must consider the margin of error as well. Yes, according to the chartz, the PS3's number is technically 'higher'. In the grand scheme of things however, they're virtually tied.

i can definately respect your point of view, however you have to admit it is looking very good for ps3 to be up there with the x360 on MS territory

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
jneul said:
BladeOfGod said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
You should put the numbers in the OP, not keep them in the 3rd post.

And PS3 > 360 because it is now affordable.

Great numbers all round. Ignoring PSP.

for now...

and its PS3=360 to be fair.

and yeah... psp needs..... something.

thats funny, i tought 78.362 was a bigger number than 77.276

lol they always say that when the ps3 outsells the x360 by an amount like that, but if x360 sells just 1 unit then ps3, well it goes back to ps3 is doomed and NPD says it all. (which is false)

Well, to be fair, when the number is that close you must consider the margin of error as well. Yes, according to the chartz, the PS3's number is technically 'higher'. In the grand scheme of things however, they're virtually tied.

that margin of error didnt wasnt mentioned back in 2009 when 360 was outselling PS3 WW by almost same ammount

Congrats to Sony and the PS3 again !

The 360 seems to be in trouble even in its own territory. Maybe ME2 will help.

CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ I know guys, but just look at the entire picture. Yes, it is good that PS3 is able to keep with the 360, especially considering the price advantage (yes it still has one) that the 360 has. But, 78,000 & 77,000 is a virtual tie when talking about sales in the industry. Had it been the other way around, my comment would be no different.

Now, 90,000 and 77,000 would have been a different story.

Well looking at the bigger picture, when Microsoft generally gets beat in Japan each week by 20,000 and in Europe by 30,000, it is bad for Microsoft when the PS3 keeps it close or even beats them in the Americas too.

Why are people pretending that Sony's weakest territory is America and then praising the fact that the PS3 is 'selling on par with the Xbox 360'. The data says otherwise. As a single region the American market represents the largest combined pool of Playstation 2 hardware sales out there.

look! http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=America&cons3=PS2&reg3=Europe&weeks=400

That doesn't look like a weak territory to me.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Twistedpixel said:

Why are people pretending that Sony's weakest territory is America and then praising the fact that the PS3 is 'selling on par with the Xbox 360'. The data says otherwise. As a single region the American market represents the largest combined pool of Playstation 2 hardware sales out there.

look! http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=America&cons3=PS2&reg3=Europe&weeks=400

That doesn't look like a weak territory to me.

Japan is pretty easily PS3's weakest market imo.  In America it'll at least hit 50% PS2 sales, in Japan it'll be lucky if it goes past 30%.

Japan's actually the weakest market for all the consoles, yet the strongest for DS & PSP. :/