By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 and 360 are doing well in the states.
Wii and DS is doing better.
PSP isn't doing much at all.

Same old, same old. I miss the Holidays :(

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Wii is down massivley YoY...

Not for long!

Seihyouken said:
binary solo said:
For the coming week MAG won't move any hardware (well maybe PS3 will go up 1 or 2 %, or perhaps stay the same, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see PS3 drop on MAG week). ME2 will help 360 sales hold steady, or even cause a small spike (maybe as much as 5%). If ODST could cause a 15%(?) lift the week of its release ME2 can surely give 360 a 5% helping hand. However that may well be bringing forward 360 sales that would have happened anyway but in subequent weeks, which could lead to a following week drop by the same or bigger %.

Weekly sales seem to have completely evened out as of last week so I wouldn't expect PS3 to go down when next week's numbers arrive, even if MAG only produces a small bump. Even if PS3 is down next week in America though, I'd still definitely expect it to be up worldwide thanks to MAG, Ar tonelico III, End of Eternity, and Last Rebellion all releasing in Japan.

Since we're in the "America up..." thread I was talking only about Americas. WW could go up a tad, but really how much with those Japan releases increase HW sales? They don't seem like hardware movers to me, though I admit the Japan market wrt non-FF/DQ JRPGs is still a mystery to me; and even DQ was unknown to me until very recently.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Kenology said:
Carl2291 said:

Not for long!

why?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

what's with the wii is doomed crap. I haven't seen a single person say it in this thread but the only reason it is down YOY is because of the massive supply constrains in holiday 08. Wii only sold 2 million in december in 2008, and 3.8 million in 2009 even though the demand for the wii was probably higher in 2008. There was huge left over demand, and lots of lost sales. That is why wii had a big Q1 2008, then sales died off big time. The sales right now are reflecting demand, and will not suddenly collapse like last year.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Kenology said:
Carl2291 said:

Not for long!

why?

January and February it'll be down YoY for sure, the rest of the year will be a different story.  Overall 2010 > 2009 - lower price, great software, and my confidence that Nintendo learned from what happened last year are the reasons that lead me to believe so.

papflesje said:
Virtual tie between HD-consoles.

@ solid: shortages? :s I thought those were fixed a while back, so that's not an issue I think (would be weird for Sony to undership now...)

no it wasn't.the 120gb ps3's are still unavailable.they are coming in very low quantities.

i think sony are making people buy 250gb PS3 cause they are having to bear a low loss on those 250gb ones

Thought the 250gb as in fact profitable, tbh

Good job PS3, still running strong.

johnsobas said:
what's with the wii is doomed crap. I haven't seen a single person say it in this thread but the only reason it is down YOY is because of the massive supply constrains in holiday 08. Wii only sold 2 million in december in 2008, and 3.8 million in 2009 even though the demand for the wii was probably higher in 2008. There was huge left over demand, and lots of lost sales. That is why wii had a big Q1 2008, then sales died off big time. The sales right now are reflecting demand, and will not suddenly collapse like last year.

i think we can all confidently say wii is going to keep on selling like hotcakes with the new zelda and metroid coming anyway i am glad that wii and ps3 are doing really good.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1