By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Marvelous execs take pay cuts instead of layoffs of the lower orders

jarrod said:
theprof00 said:

Cmon MARVELOUS...now is the time. MURAMASA and littleKingsStory on PSN/XBL!!!

Sony, do something!!

Repackaging $50 retail games as $15 downloadables won't help, and might not even profit per project honestly.  What they need(ed) to do is PSP ports of stuff like Rune Factory Frontier, Muramasa and Little King's Story, but it may be too late now... their recent DS/PSP releases are mostly flopping too.

Next bomb: No More Heroes HD.

Ok, then whatabout 20$?

Muramasa is really popular though. I think that could make quite a bit.

Around the Network
vaio said:
we should all buy a game from them each just to support this kind of behaviour instead of the other kind with bonuses at the same time as the lay off people.

They are showing the way to take for a healthy buisness

I already did its called No Mo Heroes 2

But yeah I agree, corporations in America have all of their CEOs laying people off but then giving themselves multi million dollar bonuses, in the end they just screw themselves because those people won't have the money to buy anything, if they don't have the money to buy anything economics doesn't work and the CEO in the end loses their job as well when the business folds.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Its good that they're takinf a pay cut. Now hopefully they'll be one of the smart companies to learn from their downturns and change their practices instead of just trying 'harder' by making more games and just trying to sell/market them the same way. And in Marvelous' way, that would mean hardly marketing them.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Huh, going by a vgchartz search, No More Heroes was Marvelous Interactive's second best selling title ever? Is that true?

Jeez, it'll be hard going for them if the sequel flops. Looking at that list though, most of their success has been on DS and Wii. Maybe not in the last year or so, but certainly lifetime.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

My applause and hats off to Marvelous CEO. A true selfless individual.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
jarrod said:
theprof00 said:

Sony, do something!!

Repackaging $50 retail games as $15 downloadables won't help, and might not even profit per project honestly.  What they need(ed) to do is PSP ports of stuff like Rune Factory Frontier, Muramasa and Little King's Story, but it may be too late now... their recent DS/PSP releases are mostly flopping too.

Ok, then whatabout 20$?

Muramasa seems to be doing well in the west on Wii already though.  Why sacrifice $20 per copy now?  Maybe in a year or two...

I think RIGHT NOW, Japan targeted PSP ports make the most sense.  Or really, more new games that people actually want instead of ports...

V-r0cK said:
My applause and hats off to Marvelous CEO. A true selfless individual.

It makes sense in the long run. He'll be down 70% of his salary for some time but if he didn't the company may go under, and then he's looking for another job..

jarrod said:
theprof00 said:
jarrod said:
theprof00 said:

Sony, do something!!

Ok, then whatabout 20$?

Muramasa seems to be doing well in the west on Wii already though.  Why sacrifice $20 per copy now?  Maybe in a year or two...

I think RIGHT NOW, Japan targeted PSP ports make the most sense.  Or really, more new games that people actually want instead of ports...

I think they could get full price outta PS owners though. That's how popular the game is. I know several people who would buy a wii just for the game, but probably won't because they don't have money and hate the wii in every other aspect.

jarrod said:

They do seem to be having a tough time figuring out what people want, though. And targeting Japan is just generally a bad strategy these days unless you can expand the market á la Nintendo.

Marvelous are marvelous. This is how its meant to be done, all the power and none of the responsibility does not make for a healthy combination at the executive level. These are the people who probably have a fat bank account so can afford to take a substantial pay cut, and they are the people who ought to be first in line for the consequences of their mistakes.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?