By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1up yours rumour: Big 360 game canceled.

Ha wow, if they cancel banjo their complete idiots, first off its the only platformer that is as good as mario. Secound off, that game will make me buy a 360.

mM
Around the Network

Hmmmm....Haven't heard anything about Elveon forever...but I hope not! That would make me cry! Hope it's Banjo because I'm not a huge platformer fan.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

i dont think elveon is 1st party, just went exclusive because they didnt want to develop for ps3 =/

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

^yeah that will change in a couple of years....Developers will then what to develop for the PS3.....they need to get use to it. The Cell power is too much for them right now. They are soft.....

couple of years and the new 360 comes out, they have to get started now if you want them

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network

IF Banjo Kazooie 3 or Fable 2 are canceled, I will kill myself. Do you understand what that means Microsoft? It means that you promised the existence of a product who's cancellation would result in my family being required to deal with the emotional stress of my being dead. This in turn would result in you being sued for BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Given I am currently already on the verge of a heart attack from simply hearing this rumor, if it turns out to be untrue, it is 1UP that I will be suing.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

1up is rather unreliable on sources

And it could be a number of games
I heard MS was doing a marvel online, that could of been cancled
heck the peter jackson halo project could have been canceled

Too Human seems most likely to me.

- costing too much money

- internal evaluation decided that game is not ready, and may need another 9-12 months

- court issues with Epic, will prevent title from going out using Unreal 3 tech - and they will not license it to Silicon Knights for future titles. 

Could be a load of BS though. No way its Banjo - easiest, safest title for MS to make. Probably not Halo Wars or Alan Wake either. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Yeah but Silicon Knights is third party. Therefore if we take the rumour at face-value, Too Human is not the game being discussed. Also i'm not sure if its this article or another one I read, but it was right to point out that Too Human is easily the 360's best answer to God of War 3. Also, Banjo is its best answer to R & C and Galaxy (Banjo would kick R & C's ass and nearly match Galaxy). If we were basing our guesses on which game is LEAST needed from a MARKET perspective, it would be Fable 2. The 360 already has Oblivion, Mass Effect and a now-patched Two Worlds. That said, I hope to God they don't can Fable 2, I own Fable and Fable: The Lost Chapters, and they both rock (too short though).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Actually I wouldnt be too worried if it was Banjo, I don't have enough confidence that Rare would turn out a title worthy of the first two.

I would be somewhat upset by Halo Wars, Fable 2 or Ninja Gaiden 2 being cancelled.