By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1up yours rumour: Big 360 game canceled.

Well, if MS should let any company go ... Rare would be the prime choice.

None of the Rare games have sold well on the 360. perfect dark did okay, but Viva Pinata did terrible.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
They canceled Banjo and are now working on it for the Wii

if god exists this happens.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Soriku said:
W29 said:
BOOOOOO!!!!!!! Not Nintendo, do some work on Sony platform RARE!!!!

I'm sure Rare doesn't want anything to do with Sony. They've had a lot going with Nintendo over the past few years PLUS are still making games for Nin systems. If Rare EVER left MS, they'd go straight back to Nin (especially at this time when Nin is getting major money).

Sure.....let's see if that happens >_>

I agree with Zucas about MS probaly going to drop rare as one of theyre internal studios. Quality and rare exactly havent been best friends as of late, IMO at least. Perfect dark 0 sucked. Viva pinata has its audiance of course. But i honestly think when ms bought rare they had games in mind that were of the 007, jet force jemini, conkers bad fur day caliber, which rare has yet to achieve agian. If rare were to leave ms i can almsot garuntee they would run bsck to nintendo like lost puppies.

I don't want Rare back on Nintendo. Now if Nintendo wants to buy some of their IP's fine but the "new" Rare sucks. They aren't anything like what they were on the Nintendo Dream Team. So I really wouldn't want them back, only their IP's.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Well, if MS should let any company go ... Rare would be the prime choice.

None of the Rare games have sold well on the 360. perfect dark did okay, but Viva Pinata did terrible.

Hence VP on DS. And I doubt they'd work with Sony (seeing as how W29 wants them to) for fear of their games being too "kiddy" >_>

Sony would open their doors to Rare. Rare just needs to be only a third-party developer. What did Microsoft think they would get from them?

Nothing, so Rare is best off by themselves to make games on whichever platform they choose. Look at Bungie.

Mass effect: Cannot be... Some reviews are already in.

Banjo 3: Could possibly be... Cuzz Microsoft doesn't seem satisfied with Rare's performances software and sales wise in comparison with how much money they had to pay to acquire 51% of the shares. Combine that with only 1 trailer of the game (That trailer was at the X06, X360 event). No info or footage since then.

Alan Wake: Alan Wake wasn't 1st party last time i checked. Remedy reacted on the 1Up claim:

The official Alan Wake forum has just posted an announcement in response to the rumor that Alan Wake is the "big Microsoft first party title" that is getting canceled. "Microsoft Game Studios does not own the copyright nor the IP to Alan Wake. Therefore, Alan Wake is NOT a first party title for Microsoft." The forum moderator adds: "Remedy is acting as a third party developer for Microsoft Game Studios. MGS provides outsourcing and development resources for the game, but has no development power over the title."

But wait a minute... That ain't saying the game is or isn't cancelled... Right?!

Too human: They were gonna make a trilogy... The fact that is was going to be on PS1, then GC and shifted to X360 isn't a good argument to say it's cancelled. The game is coming, playable demo was shown about 3 weeks ago... So don't worry about that one...

If u were to ask me: I'd go with Huxley... The MMOFPS, and if i recall correctly, it was being developed by Microsoft. But im not sure...

And @ W29: Rare and Sony...?! Lol?!... If Microsoft were to drop Rare... Nintendo would pick 'em up... And even if Nintendo wouldn't... Rare would still start developing for DS (Which they already are) and Wii... Why? Because Nintendo and Rare are like two pieces that for a dreamteam... It's like Insomniac and Sony, or Bungie and Microsoft... It would be against nature for Rare not to go back to Nintendo...

THE NETHERLANDS

I would say cry on maybe becase mist walker isnt making much money but if they were to make such a decision it would have to be after LO sales come in

If this rumour is true, I really hope the cancelled game is not Banjo-Kazooie 3...

I would honestly feel sorry for Rare if that would happen, because that would signify the end of their credibility as a top-developer. I don't want that this happens with the company I loved back in the days.

And although it would be my dream of course that they come back to Nintendo (I'm sure that they still have the potential, especially when working with proven franchises) I doubt that Nintendo will ever buy them back.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Alright lets rule out some of these unlikely arguments

Huxley-made and published by webzen, and even if it wasnt published by webzen its still not first party, least i think not, and weve seen live demoes of it almost a year ago.

Cry on-its possible but its not 1st party, it might be published by MS, but its being made by cavia or something and mistwalker.

Truely the only game that really works the best is Banjo, which wouldnt suprise me.

Any game that MS is canceling is stupid as hell, and if any game gets canceled ill be pissed.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.