By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game series.

Most overated game series.

Halo 286 50.00%

Final fantasy 78 13.64%

Zelda 45 7.87%

Metal Gear 54 9.44%

Grand theft auto 109 19.06%

Total:572

Halo, MGS, GTA and COD(even if it's not on the list) are all overrated.

Halo : Crappy story and graphics style (multiplayer is really fun in LAN tho)
MGS: there's great gameplay elements, but gameplay/cinematics ratio is something like 1/5
GTA: Shitload of bugs really describes this franchise well.
COD: Let's not talk about this one XD. To many things to say

Around the Network
Wildchild_cob29 said:
Halo, MGS, GTA and COD(even if it's not on the list) are all overrated.

Halo : Crappy story and graphics style (multiplayer is really fun in LAN tho)
MGS: there's great gameplay elements, but gameplay/cinematics ratio is something like 1/5
GTA: Shitload of bugs really describes this franchise well.
COD: Let's not talk about this one XD. To many things to say

No way. Not true. In each Metal Gear Solid game, on first playthrough, there is more gameplay than cinematics.

Human contact, the final frontier.

cs-manager said:
Zelda...by far!

I love how you made your very first post just to say that.

FF or zelda for sure. Rehashes with a slightly different coat of paint each time, or a new style.
Halo catches so much crap now a days it's hard to say it's overrated..

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I don't understand why some people say Zelda. Each game is really different each time with a completely different storyline.

Around the Network

gotta go with final fantasy. just doesn't do it for me no matter how many times i've tried

guiduc said:
I don't understand why some people say Zelda. Each game is really different each time with a completely different storyline.

I don't understand why some people say Final Fantasy. Each game is really different each time with a completely different storyline.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

guiduc said:

They don't like your opnion(and mines)

Dartdevidem01 said
I don't understand why some people say Final Fantasy. Each game is really different each time with a completely different storyline.

Stop rehashing posts. Your overrated
You need to get a new theme for your posts or you'll never get higher metacritic score over 90%

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

darthdevidem01 said:
guiduc said:

Cute, except that the reason guiduc brought that up is that "the games are all the same" is the biggest critism of Zelda.

GTA games are all the same (kill inocent people like a maniatic)