By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Overrated Games Franchises Of All Time! Time Do You Agree?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Smeags said:
Holy guacamole... Sonic is not on this list.

How... refreshing.

Anywho, I agree with Monatana. Any game/series I don't like should be on this list. It makes perfect sense.

You think Sonic 06 and Sonic and the Black Knight were rated too high? Really, they can't go much lower :P

Oh darn, I'm getting overrated mixed up with "Franchises that should die a horrible and painful death". Sorry, my Sonic-ness gets in the way sometimes. Defend!

Around the Network

7. Call of Duty/Medal of Honor:

^ This should be #1 by a long way.

You're buying and playing the same game over and over again people!

God of War??? :O Really... I can of get the others, not necessarily agree with them... but really??? GoW??

Call of Fucking Duty... An overrated game if I've ever seen one... Some Mario games tend to be overrated too. But seriously... Call of Duty.. hands down!

I believe a lot of people in this thread appear to be mistaking 'selling well' for overrated.

There are certain franchises that sell very well, but their games are not generally seen as masterpieces. Those are not what this thread's about. This thread is about games that are viewed and scored (by some) as masterpieces/AAA games while they're really not as fantastic as these people make them out to be. An example of this would be GTA4, which was on release lauded as 'game of the forever', garnering 100%'s left and right, while really, in hindsight, the game wasn't all that, in a lot of people's opinions.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Since when is Dragonball Z is overrated?

Nothing to see here.

It's the usual "It's popular and I don't like it" bullshit.

Pixel Art can be fun.

This list Fails because Mario's not there, and why is FF at the bottom, it should be number 1 then Halo, then Guitar Hero.

I agree with some of those, especially with Pokemon.

Although with number one, everyone hates those now, so it wouldn't be overrated now will it?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

alfredofroylan said:
FIFA and PES should be at the same spot as Madden

I don't get how ppls call sports games overated.

You know exactly what you get when you buy those.

And to rate something overated I would say you need to have tried it once at least and it seems some people calling those overated just hate sports games and don't look like they have even tried them...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !