By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your honest opinion.. which company creates the best RPGs? [Poll]

In your honest opinion.. which company creates the best RPGs? [Poll]

Square 79 32.64%

BioWare 70 28.93%

Bethesda 34 14.05%

Other 59 24.38%

Total:242

I'll admit that Square creates many games with high production values, but surely they do not create all the important and innovative titles. Am I right?

That said. If this was the year 1995 I would definitely have said Square.

Around the Network

Level-5

Im going to break the mold and say Nintendo

I absoulty love the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games, most enjoyable RPG's I have ever had the pleasure of playing

Square, just look a chrono trigger, masterfull

I use to think it was Square Enix for a long while... however once i found out who made the star ocean series and valkyrie profile series its been Tri-Ace since then.

But as of right now...in this current gen...

FromSoftware - Enchanted Arms

Sony - Folklore, Untold: Legends Dark Kingdom

Tri-Ace - Star Ocean: The Last Hope, SOTLH: I, Infinte Undiscovery, RoF/EoE

Sega - Valkyria Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles 2, RoF/EoE, Phantasy Star Portable, Phantasy Star Portable 2

Ni-pon whatever there called - Last Rebellion (If Tori gives it a good review)

Level-5 - White Knight Chronicles: International Edition

Edit: forgot about level 5, WKC: IE will put them on the map when it comes out.

Around the Network

BioWare

Simply because, Baldur's Gate 2 is better than any other RPG mentioned in this thread.

Glad to see the deserving company destroying the competition !!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Square,just for FF VI, Bioware and Bethesda are for sure the kings of WRPGs but on a full context SE is the one with FFs,DQs,KHs and Crhono Trigger (among many other titles) showing their masterful RPG crafting.

I've always liked Bioware games the best, Square was very good years ago but they've been declining while Bioware continued to evolve and improve, Bethesda is also very decent but RPG is not all they do so they miss little details here and there.

GamingChartzFTW said:

I'll admit that Square creates many games with high production values, but surely they do not create all the important and innovative titles. Am I right?

That said. If this was the year 1995 I would definitely have said Square.

Importance & innovation aren't the only things that make the best RPG.

I mean over the years Squares RPG's have really stood out for me due to their stories, music & characters (ofcourse gameplay too which is solid everytime) more so than say have a multipath story.

Games like FF6, FF7, FF10, Chrono Trigger, FF9, Probably FF13 soon will be timeless classics for me due to their music, story & characters.

Then on the innovation side TWEWY was an RPG I have played unlike any other, it was really fun and the story/music were very intriguing.

Dragon Quest V was also fantastic (for the DS), better than most RPG's released this gen

Betheasda is second for me.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey