Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsunoko vs Capcom rate 9.0 at IGN

MaxwellGT2000 said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Tatsunoko vs Capcom rules.

IGN sucks. They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again.

You haven't played the game. How do you know it's worth 10?

How do you know I think it's worth a 10?

?

Forget it.

!

Sure thing.

This made me lol, I mean how would you know he hasn't played the game?  I know a good group of people that's imported it, I've put some good time into it, mostly winning, but then randomly getting my ass handed to me by my friend who never played the game before that day.  It's fun I really need the English version though.

@ thread

I find it interesting turn back the clock and a lot of people would back this review, but now IGN doesn't have the image and even people that might agree with the review aren't backing it... honestly I'm not going to read/watch it, 9.0, big whoop, when Bozon retracts that crap MWR review, Craig retracts some of the stupid comments in his NSMB Wii review, and they fire Daemon Hatfield, I might decide to visit IGN again on a normal basis until then no. Not trying to sound "petty" by any means, but if I don't like someones services I'm not giving them my business which for sites means clicks and views, IGNs viewership directly effects their funds, which in the end hurts them.

Well he hasn't played the game so what's your point?

We all know what he was doing.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
How?!

Goodness, I guess they changed a lot from the Japanese version. My time with that was just terrible.

i loved the japanese build, and it scored very well in japan back then. But theres also some  people who got bored at Metal Gear 4 or Zelda OOT, even tho those stand among higuest ranked games in history. Even if a game is perfect for most people, is impossible for any game , movie, or book to be good for every single human. I dont expect the perfect gameplay of the japanese version to be better or different.I know what i will get will be more characters, and solid online. What strikes me as a surprise is that is a game that got 8s and 9s in Japan and you expected US to rate it lower even if it has even more characters and online.

Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:

IGN sucks. They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again.

?

Forget it.

!

Sure thing.

This made me lol, I mean how would you know he hasn't played the game?  I know a good group of people that's imported it, I've put some good time into it, mostly winning, but then randomly getting my ass handed to me by my friend who never played the game before that day.  It's fun I really need the English version though.

@ thread

I find it interesting turn back the clock and a lot of people would back this review, but now IGN doesn't have the image and even people that might agree with the review aren't backing it... honestly I'm not going to read/watch it, 9.0, big whoop, when Bozon retracts that crap MWR review, Craig retracts some of the stupid comments in his NSMB Wii review, and they fire Daemon Hatfield, I might decide to visit IGN again on a normal basis until then no. Not trying to sound "petty" by any means, but if I don't like someones services I'm not giving them my business which for sites means clicks and views, IGNs viewership directly effects their funds, which in the end hurts them.

Excuse me?

Why do all your little comebacks revolve around claims of knowing things about who I am?

I get it. You don't like people supporting this game and you don't like people showing disappreciation towards IGN, and you'll make snide remarks at whomever does either of these things. Your comments read like involuntary farts to me.

I think what's more important is.....who's gonna make a TvsC friend codes thread?!?!?

masschamber said:
Burning Typhoon said:
masschamber said:
KylieDog said:
masschamber said:
KylieDog said:
I will only buy this if the price on the TvC fightsticks drops in price, I will not play a fighter without one and paying for a £70 stick just for one game is a waste.

why not just get a classic controller, since I know how great you think the ps3 pad is for street fighter 4, this three button fighter should be even better with the classic controllers better dpad

PS3 pad great compared to control pad sticks or the 360 D-Pad, but nothing beats an arcade fightstick and you have no idea how awkward it is switching between pads and sticks for different games.  Once you're using a stick it is really hard to go back to a pad.

Believe me I know the difference between pads and sticks, I'm a neo geo owner, and have been for a long time, I won't touch any snk fighters without a proper fighting stick, Moves like the rising storm, deadly rave, playing as Kyo as a whole is miserable with pads.

and the classic controller is far better than the ps3 pad. There are other fighters on the wii, samurai shodown anthology, kof anthology, Guilty Gear Acore,

plus many arcade style games benefit from using an aracde stick for gameplay, New Super Mario Brothers wii, Contra Rebirth, basically anything that is dpad centric

Dude, you don't NEED a fight stick.  I don't use one in MvC2, and I play just fine... well, as good as one can get before resorting to spam, but, that's a personal choice.  You and I both know there are extremely good players in fighters that use controllers instead of sticks.  It's all about preference, and what you want to use.  If you want TvC, toughen up, and use the controller until you get an arcade stick, it's not that big of a deal...

Anyway, this game is a no-go for me.  I don't have a Wii, and I don't see the point in getting one for this lone title, an extra controller, and classic controller for this... I'd never get a stick for a fighter, it's not necessary, and not remotely a requirement. "OMG, I can't wave dash on a controller, it's too hard...." Well, practice... Or, spend a ton of money for the sole purpose of wave dashing, or whatever it is you can't do... like it's really worth it.

But, I've got problems with this game... the biggest being it's a 3 button fighter with an assist button...  I already don't like the simplicity of MvC2, because everyone has pretty much the same universal combo, so, if you learn the basics, you can play with everyone except Zangief, and a few others that require a bit more practice..............  What?  No, of course not on a professional level, wtf?

But, things being even more simplified from MvC2, which means combos are easier to pull off (74+ hits? 3 buttons?)  If the game had been 6 button, I would have considered it, but, yeah, that's not the case.  The other reason I don't want the game is that there's no Jin...  He better show up for MvC3.  But then, do I really want to pay 200 dollars for ONE game?  No....  Again, would have considered it if there was at least Jin.

Oh, and as for as reviews go, they probably gave it a 9/10 to be safe.  The Vs. Series is something you have to spend a lot of time with to get good with, and the review team can't spend that kinda time with the game.  I mean, if you just spend 45 minutes with the game, you may like it, but, you may not be able to enjoy it to it's fullest because there are just secret combos to find, and limitless possibilities...  Look at spiderman, for example in the Marvel Vs. Series.  You have to time your attacks slightly differently from most characters, and, he has ariel cross-ups, and things like that.  Things you wouldn't find just playing on your own for a set time, and I'm sure they're probably aware of this, since there's something called youtube........ which will speed the learning proccess.

That is what I said, the classic controller is fine, the snk fighters just tend to have alot more awkard motion or repititions that make pads really hard to use

also don't write off TvC because it is three buttons, it doesn't mean it lacks depth, real bout is a three button fighter that is very complex, and don't forget the 2 attack button virtua fighter

and never confuse simplity with depth,

deoth doesn't come from face buttons it comes from how you play the game, samurai shodown is a prime example, the goal isn't learning crazy combos or long winded special moves, but timing and observation

I bet you can't do infinity combos, and 999+ combos in Virtua Fighter...  It's not just the fact that it's three buttons, but, the type of game it is.. I'm well aware Virtua Fighter has three buttons, but, anyone with the slightest bit of fighting game skill knows that's acceptable because the fighting machanics are completely different.  They aren't the same, and cannot be compared..  Just because it works for one game, doesn't mean it will work for all... And you can't call virtua fighter a 3 button fighter while calling TvC a 3 button fighter.. Virtua Fighter has a grab button, and Tatsunoko has an assist button.  If you're not going to omit Virtua Fighter's gaurd button, don't omit Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom's assist button...

I'm going to wait another 8 years for the official release of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3... Whenever DISNEY gives capcom the OK, 'cause Marvel got PWN'd by them... for 4 billion dollars.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"I find it interesting turn back the clock and a lot of people would back this review, but now IGN doesn't have the image and even people that might agree with the review aren't backing it... honestly I'm not going to read/watch it, 9.0, big whoop, when Bozon retracts that crap MWR review, Craig retracts some of the stupid comments in his NSMB Wii review, and they fire Daemon Hatfield, I might decide to visit IGN again on a normal basis until then no. Not trying to sound "petty" by any means, but if I don't like someones services I'm not giving them my business which for sites means clicks and views, IGNs viewership directly effects their funds, which in the end hurts them."

And make a Nintendo podcast denouncing the last few.

For discussions sake, has you or anyone ever seen a so called "professional" game site retract a statement publically about a review or editorial?  I mean it doesn't happen often with news papers and news on the TV, but it happens, because they WANT to protect their professional credability, why don't game sites do this?  Or do it more often, cause it seems like they can do no wrong honestly, like Bozon has done nothing but fight tooth and nail about that CoD4 review and it had some factually wrong statements about it.

Like its one thing for it to be an opinion that people think is wrong, that you don't have to retract unless its unneeded hate for no reason, but when you state things like "the controls are looser and worse than the previous game" and everyone and their brother is like no they're not, then a developer called you out and states how it uses the same IR control engine just with The Conduit style options included, then you have a factually wrong statement and can be proven wrong, you need to retract things like that.

This is a big reason I hate the gaming press in general. They have turned into Fox News, which doesn't suck because of its viewpoint, but because it's a tabloid channel disguising itself as real news (not the other cable news networks are great, CNN is spineless and MSNBC is trying to be the liberal Fox News, but not be so blatant as Air America was).

The gaming press is now largely like that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:

?

Forget it.

!

Sure thing.

@ thread

Excuse me?

Why do all your little comebacks revolve around claims of knowing things about who I am?

I get it. You don't like people supporting this game and you don't like people showing disappreciation towards IGN, and you'll make snide remarks at whomever does either of these things. Your comments read like involuntary farts to me.

Because you're just like all the others. You don't make sense and you're predictable.

"They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again."

Would you mind explaining this?

And it's not about the game. I don't even know what it is.

Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:

?

Forget it.

!

Sure thing.

@ thread

Excuse me?

Because you're just like all the others. You don't make sense and you're predictable.

"They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again."

This is the lowest-grade trolling I've seen in some time.

i played the japanese version, and it was really fun and addictive, the controls are simple to understand but if you wanna pull great, long and flashy combos, you´ll have to practice a lot, because is not that simple as some people suggest.

try canceling your moves with a baroque, then calling your partner to send your opponent in the air just to keep the combo going and finish it up with a double special attack...that´s very rewarding when you can pull it off.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:

Excuse me?

Hey now cool it, I can personally say myself I don't care what they give it, does that make me some blinded predictable IGN hating pro Wii fanboy? No I'm just rather tired of reading crap reviews, crap editorials, and listening to a group of gamers that are like "things you like suck cause I say so theres no way you can debate me on this". 

I completely stopped reading IGN PS2 reviews after I went along with some of them and the games weren't that great, then back in 2006 GotY video, you can look it up yourself, Chris Roper the editor in Chief of IGN Sony team, would not even touch Twilight Princess, but said it couldn't be good because it was Zelda.

How can you possibly defend someone like that? How that person still called a professional game journalist? People get on game forums all the time and spew the same trolling garbage, are called trolls, and get banned, yet Roper still works for a "professional" site, its insanity.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000