By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tatsunoko vs Capcom rate 9.0 at IGN

MonstaMack said:
Another Wii epic title. I hope this becomes a trend for the rest of the year...

Amen!

Around the Network

Could this become the first aaa wii title for the year?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:

Well he hasn't played the game so what's your point?

We all know what he was doing.

Excuse me?

Why do all your little comebacks revolve around claims of knowing things about who I am?

I get it. You don't like people supporting this game and you don't like people showing disappreciation towards IGN, and you'll make snide remarks at whomever does either of these things. Your comments read like involuntary farts to me.

Because you're just like all the others. You don't make sense and you're predictable.

"They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again."

Would you mind explaining this?

And it's not about the game. I don't even know what it is.

Hey now cool it, I can personally say myself I don't care what they give it, does that make me some blinded predictable IGN hating pro Wii fanboy? No I'm just rather tired of reading crap reviews, crap editorials, and listening to a group of gamers that are like "things you like suck cause I say so theres no way you can debate me on this". 

I completely stopped reading IGN PS2 reviews after I went along with some of them and the games weren't that great, then back in 2006 GotY video, you can look it up yourself, Chris Roper the editor in Chief of IGN Sony team, would not even touch Twilight Princess, but said it couldn't be good because it was Zelda.

How can you possibly defend someone like that? How that person still called a professional game journalist? People get on game forums all the time and spew the same trolling garbage, are called trolls, and get banned, yet Roper still works for a "professional" site, its insanity.

Yeah I understand but what I mean is that, for example, vgchartz reviews are not better than the IGN ones. We all know it's about opinions. I've seen a lot of "vgchartz is better for Wii reviews" which I don't agree. I personally think IGN is more accurate on their score.

I agree with this thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=98813&page=1

And I'd like to mention that it was made by 11ht11.

fwap said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Tatsunoko vs Capcom rules.

IGN sucks. They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again.

You haven't played the game. How do you know it's worth 10?

How do you know I think it's worth a 10?

?

Forget it.

!

Sure thing.

This made me lol, I mean how would you know he hasn't played the game?  I know a good group of people that's imported it, I've put some good time into it, mostly winning, but then randomly getting my ass handed to me by my friend who never played the game before that day.  It's fun I really need the English version though.

@ thread

I find it interesting turn back the clock and a lot of people would back this review, but now IGN doesn't have the image and even people that might agree with the review aren't backing it... honestly I'm not going to read/watch it, 9.0, big whoop, when Bozon retracts that crap MWR review, Craig retracts some of the stupid comments in his NSMB Wii review, and they fire Daemon Hatfield, I might decide to visit IGN again on a normal basis until then no. Not trying to sound "petty" by any means, but if I don't like someones services I'm not giving them my business which for sites means clicks and views, IGNs viewership directly effects their funds, which in the end hurts them.

Excuse me?

Why do all your little comebacks revolve around claims of knowing things about who I am?

I get it. You don't like people supporting this game and you don't like people showing disappreciation towards IGN, and you'll make snide remarks at whomever does either of these things. Your comments read like involuntary farts to me.

Because you're just like all the others. You don't make sense and you're predictable.

"They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again."

This is the lowest-grade trolling I've seen in some time.

Trolling? What/who am I trolling?

Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:

Excuse me?

Hey now cool it, I can personally say myself I don't care what they give it, does that make me some blinded predictable IGN hating pro Wii fanboy? No I'm just rather tired of reading crap reviews, crap editorials, and listening to a group of gamers that are like "things you like suck cause I say so theres no way you can debate me on this". 

I completely stopped reading IGN PS2 reviews after I went along with some of them and the games weren't that great, then back in 2006 GotY video, you can look it up yourself, Chris Roper the editor in Chief of IGN Sony team, would not even touch Twilight Princess, but said it couldn't be good because it was Zelda.

How can you possibly defend someone like that? How that person still called a professional game journalist? People get on game forums all the time and spew the same trolling garbage, are called trolls, and get banned, yet Roper still works for a "professional" site, its insanity.

Yeah I understand but what I mean is that, for example, vgchartz reviews are not better than the IGN ones. We all know it's about opinions. I've seen a lot of "vgchartz is better for Wii reviews" which I don't agree. I personally think IGN is more accurate on their score.

I agree with this thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=98813&page=1

And I'd like to mention that it was made by 11ht11.

I'd argue that, but it's a little unfair of me to be honest. 

I really don't care about what others say one way or the other, I got a little irritated when you claimed to know what tangentspree has or hasn't played, not because I know he has or hasn't myself but I hate it when someone tries to do the whole "I know better than you because I know what you do" when in reality, you don't.  It's baseless assumptions and kinda picking a fight that doesn't need to happen.  It's like saying you have WMDs cause I know you do, I know how you act!

11ht11 has always been a fan of IGN, hell we discussed a lot of things on the forums, and even defended IGN on the forums before, I personally have gotten to my limit with the crap, when they start striking nerves that tends to happen, and while 11ht11 might still defend IGN you won't see me go into one of these threads to help any time soon, my personal idea is to just ignore IGN now, there's a reason why their alexa ratings have went WAY down.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I like some rational parts of that thread, such as

"I wouldn't be surprsied if something like this [banning people for not liking IGN] was around the corner.

As it is you already can't say anything bad about any console without getting banned for trolling.

You're welcome to your opinions as long as you don't share them."

While we're at naming threads that we like just because they go with our opinions, this is a thread I rather rate: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=98257&page=1.

Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:

IGN sucks. They could have given this game a perfect 10, I won't be visiting their site any time soon again.

?

Forget it.

!

Sure thing.

This made me lol, I mean how would you know he hasn't played the game?  I know a good group of people that's imported it, I've put some good time into it, mostly winning, but then randomly getting my ass handed to me by my friend who never played the game before that day.  It's fun I really need the English version though.

@ thread

I find it interesting turn back the clock and a lot of people would back this review, but now IGN doesn't have the image and even people that might agree with the review aren't backing it... honestly I'm not going to read/watch it, 9.0, big whoop, when Bozon retracts that crap MWR review, Craig retracts some of the stupid comments in his NSMB Wii review, and they fire Daemon Hatfield, I might decide to visit IGN again on a normal basis until then no. Not trying to sound "petty" by any means, but if I don't like someones services I'm not giving them my business which for sites means clicks and views, IGNs viewership directly effects their funds, which in the end hurts them.

He didn't claim to have played the game, and he didn't mention what score he thinks the game deserves.  All he said was that he doesn't care what score IGN gives it.  I don't see where the confusion is here.

The Japanese version has already been out for a while though.  I heard the new version has so much awesome extra stuff that they're re-releasing it in Japan so the Japanese fans aren't stuck with the earlier gimped version.  Pretty cool move on Capcom's part.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Boutros said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:
Boutros said:
trangentspree said:

?

Forget it.

!

Sure thing.

@ thread

He didn't claim to have played the game, and he didn't mention what score he thinks the game deserves.  All he said was that he doesn't care what score IGN gives it.  I don't see where the confusion is here.

The Japanese version has already been out for a while though.  I heard the new version has so much awesome extra stuff that they're re-releasing it in Japan so the Japanese fans aren't stuck with the earlier gimped version.  Pretty cool move on Capcom's part.

The Japanese version originally didn't have online support either and the new version takes out the characters that America can't have because of issues with the IPs, but the added content is better, and the online is worldwide so everyone is on equal ground when it releases.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000