By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

NO, I prefer Link stay a silent hero 129 76.33%

YES, I'd prefer if Link had a voice 40 23.67%

Total:169

Make it optional and everyone is happy.

If NPC's have no voices in the next Zelda then I ain't getting it (nor will I get a Wii).

Also, what they really need to do is to remove those annoying screams when Link fights.

Around the Network

Yes, he should sound exactly like Wikus de we Merwe.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

sure if its done EXTREMLY well it could be amazing

I'm tired of gimmicks, Link just gets crap done, period.

He doesn't need to share his heart, he just runs around and murders things.

Honestly Ganon is dead already at this point they need a new story for Link.

How many ways can we get to Ganon this time?

What a 5x hook shot or a solar powered arrow?

Maybe even a bomb-chu cameo again? Seriously time to move on.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

thekitchensink said:
ameratsu said:

Only if they get Nolan North to do his generic everyman© voice for Link.

WELL EXCUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!

That's win.

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
I'm tired of gimmicks, Link just gets crap done, period.

He doesn't need to share his heart, he just runs around and murders things.

Honestly Ganon is dead already at this point they need a new story for Link.

How many ways can we get to Ganon this time?

What a 5x hook shot or a solar powered arrow?

Maybe even a bomb-chu cameo again? Seriously time to move on.

dude, slow down. what are you trying to say??

Soriku said:

I don't want anyone to talk. Not even NPCs. I think the gibberish just helps the Zelda world.

This..nothing else.. or at least give them a fake language like in Wind Waker or Shadow of the Colosuss

miz1q2w3e said:
Siko1989 said:
if they add a voice i want a serious badass voice actor... not an actor thats not serious for his roll
letsdance said:
I voted yes... but its got to be done right... Not a whiny little boys voice and not a butch roid man voice. He still needs to be timid/shy too and rarely speak. (basically just speaking when spoken to)

You guys should listen to Samus' voice in the E309 trailer for Metroid OtherM. Nintendo pretty much nailed it with Samus' voice in that trailer, I really liked the way she sounded.

Maybe if we heard a sample of GOOD voice acting for Link we wouldn't feel as negative about the idea?

No, because Link has yet to ever speak in text.

Most of us don't want him to speak in text, let alone be voiced in English (or our native language).

Someone mentioned optional voices - if they're in English, whatever, fine. But the default option should either be the gibberish language or voices off. And Link should still never speak, ever. He's the silent hero.

c0rd said:
miz1q2w3e said:

You guys should listen to Samus' voice in the E309 trailer for Metroid OtherM. Nintendo pretty much nailed it with Samus' voice in that trailer, I really liked the way she sounded.

Maybe if we heard a sample of GOOD voice acting for Link we wouldn't feel as negative about the idea?

No, because Link has yet to ever speak in text.

Most of us don't want him to speak in text, let alone be voiced in English (or our native language).

Someone mentioned optional voices - if they're in English, whatever, fine. But the default option should either be the gibberish language or voices off. And Link should still never speak, ever. He's the silent hero.

I like the sound of that! :)

but i'll be honest, i'd imagine it would be a little weird hearing all the in game characters speak while Link just nods and stuff. maybe in text it was more appropriate cuz they were all "silent". but if they introduced voice acting into the game for all NPCs, i think leaving Link without a voice would be werid :/

here's how Samus sounds in the E309 trailer of Other M. What if they nailed Link's voice like they nailed Samus'?

Link's sword says it all.