By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

NO, I prefer Link stay a silent hero 129 76.33%

YES, I'd prefer if Link had a voice 40 23.67%

Total:169

No no no HELL no!!

Just imagine Link laughing like that really really awkward scene from FFX with Tidius and Yuna... shudders... or that horrible voice of Vaan from FFXII....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Personally,I'd like every1 plus Link 2 have a voice. If done well,it wil be awesome. But bcuz of other Zelda fans & bcuz of the chance that it won't be done well,mute Link please!I've been in a million of these threads!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Link speaking would cause a lot of problems for everyone...

1. Would take longer to develop the game. time costs money, which would make it more expensive (durr), and I want this game as soon as possible, thanks. They'd need to synch the speech with the graphics and if it was off even slightly I'd go apeshit.

2. We all imagine him differently in our minds, and I know that if I got lucky and heard exactly the voice I'd been imagining, someone else out there would be disappointed with what they heard.

3. Being silent adds to the whole "non-real language" thing - Hylian. If he spoke Japanese or English it would detract from the magic of his foreign-ness.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

there's really no need for Link to get a voice now....i don't think it would be terrible, but it just wouldn't feel right and would most likely just be awkward to listen to him

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

trashleg said:

1. Would take longer to develop the game. time costs money, which would make it more expensive (durr), and I want this game as soon as possible, thanks. They'd need to synch the speech with the graphics and if it was off even slightly I'd go apeshit. Miyahon says that a delayed game can be good eventually, but a terrible game is bad forever...

2. We all imagine him differently in our minds, and I know that if I got lucky and heard exactly the voice I'd been imagining, someone else out there would be disappointed with what they heard. Different strokes for different folks, I guess...

3. Being silent adds to the whole "non-real language" thing - Hylian. If he spoke Japanese or English it would detract from the magic of his foreign-ness. If they could make an in-game language, wouldn't we, the gaming community at-large, be better served if everyone could speak it, including the main protagonist? *gasp*

My responses

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Around the Network

I just know his English voice would be terrible. When I play Sonic games I have to chnage the language to Japanese so I can't hear him in English.

No voice for Link!

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

allaboutthegames885 said:

trashleg said:

1. Would take longer to develop the game. time costs money, which would make it more expensive (durr), and I want this game as soon as possible, thanks. They'd need to synch the speech with the graphics and if it was off even slightly I'd go apeshit. Miyahon says that a delayed game can be good eventually, but a terrible game is bad forever...
yes, but trashleg says that she wants Zelda Wii nao!

2. We all imagine him differently in our minds, and I know that if I got lucky and heard exactly the voice I'd been imagining, someone else out there would be disappointed with what they heard. Different strokes for different folks, I guess...
you're agreeing with me here, buddy
3. Being silent adds to the whole "non-real language" thing - Hylian. If he spoke Japanese or English it would detract from the magic of his foreign-ness. If they could make an in-game language, wouldn't we, the gaming community at-large, be better served if everyone could speak it, including the main protagonist? *gasp*
yeah
, and then they'd need to train a bunch of folks to speak that language as though it was their natural first language, which would be time-consuming and expensive and, I'd guess, would be one of those make-it-or-break-it scenarios. You're making it seem like there would be nothing to it. It would need to be executed flawlessly.

My responses

and mine, good sir.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
allaboutthegames885 said:

trashleg said:

yes, but trashleg says that she wants Zelda Wii nao!

Patience is a virtue, trashleg!

you're agreeing with me here, buddy

You got me there...
yeah
, and then they'd need to train a bunch of folks to speak that language as though it was their natural first language, which would be time-consuming and expensive and, I'd guess, would be one of those make-it-or-break-it scenarios. You're making it seem like there would be nothing to it. It would need to be executed flawlessly.

I wasn't saying it would be easy... I was simply saying that the game would be better for it!

My responses

and mine, good sir.

My responses to your responses

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!