By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

Do *YOU think Link NEEDS a voice in the next ZELDA???

NO, I prefer Link stay a silent hero 129 76.33%

YES, I'd prefer if Link had a voice 40 23.67%

Total:169

Link NO, the world he lives in YES, if it worked for half-life games, than it can work for Zelda games.

Around the Network

The title of the thead is a little misleading, since he already has a voice when OOT came out. It's suppose to be "speech", rather than "voice"
I'd say yes if I actually see a gleaming hope that they can pull it off like they did with Samus in Other M, but other than that, I would have to say no. It would just break away of what I see some part of myself in Link...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

No voice, thanks! And no orchestral soundtrack! they're never as memorable as midi music!

(the only exception is Brawl main theme, but only because that is beethoven level quality!)

Ninten78 said:
Link's sword says it all.

That's what I'm saying.

Cut the crap drop the ocean novelty, the train novelty, the dog novelty, the mask crap, the talking hat BS, hell I don't even remember what little gimmick Link was using in the last DS game that I can't even remember the name of.

I just remember the final dungeon was so boring that I couldn't pull myself to finish the game, even after taking a few months away and coming back I was still bored.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Khuutra said:
I'd be fine with voice acting in Zelda on two conditions

1. Link does not talk, ever, and I don't want to hear anything to the contrary

2. The spoken language in the rest of the cast has to be a nonsense language like Shadow of the Colossus or ICO.

I have to agree with this.  I unfortunately haven't played ICO or SOTC but I thought the nonsense language in Starfox Adventures was well done.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
Khuutra said:
I'd be fine with voice acting in Zelda on two conditions

1. Link does not talk, ever, and I don't want to hear anything to the contrary

2. The spoken language in the rest of the cast has to be a nonsense language like Shadow of the Colossus or ICO.

I have to agree with this.  I unfortunately haven't played ICO or SOTC but I thought the nonsense language in Starfox Adventures was well done.

Skip to about three minutes in.

^^ That's not a bad idea for the NPCs of Zelda :)

as for Link, i'd rather see him speak a known language instead of jibberish... or none at all, he's sorta human imo. (i was gonna say english but i forgot that there are several other languages that gamers speak lol)

**quick question: i don't notice this cuz english is ~pretty much my first language, but for people who's first language isn't english, how many spoken languages are usually included in big games with voice acting???

There was always Japanese/english option in most games during the last gen, as well a third one that squeezes in, either french for canadians or spanish for latin americans/spaniards so far. And that's just for voice acting, it's alot more for texts. But that's unknown to me...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

NO

If the language spoken is like the one use in Shadow of the Colossus or Satr Fox Adventure, then yes, besides that it will be add more personality for Link as an adventure hero character

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.