By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter says Mass Effect 2 is a strong darkhorse for GOTY. Do you agree?

Pachter says Mass Effect 2 is a strong darkhorse for GOTY. Do you agree?

I agree with Pachters comment. 108 55.67%

No, Pachters an idiot. 49 25.26%

I don't really know to tell you the truth. 15 7.73%

I like to look at sheep......bahhhhh 22 11.34%

Total:194

Strong darkhorse? I think it's the main candidate for GOTY. I don't see any other game even coming close.

I do think, however, that releasing in january is gonna hurt it's chances for that.

Around the Network

I don't think so. They are much better games coming out in 2010, let alone just RPGs that beat Mass effect 2. It might get rpg of the year though, that or FF13.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Mass Effect 2 is definately a GOTY contender. Only a fool would honestly say otherwise.

I disagree however with him calling it a "dark horse" as that usually refers to something as a bit "left behind" or something that is very underlying and not expected to achieve huge success. For Petes sake man. The game is one of the most anticipated games of the GENERATION. It already rocks and average score of around 9.6/10 (I tried my best to average it out so don't rage at me if wrong) and is said to be one of the most epic titles ever released.

So I do agree that it is a GOTY contender, but I don't believe it will win at the end of the year.

I am not going to argue with you. It will simply be a waste of my time, and yours.

I'll say no, it won't get GOTY, but ONLY because it is releasing so early on. Most GotY awards go to second half of the year games simply because they are newer and fresher in our memories.

absolutely

Around the Network

Why is there no option, "I agree with Patcher but he's still an idiot".

I disagree that its a dark horse as Bioware is making it.

A dark horse getting GOTY would be like Alan Wake getting GOTY

ME2 has prospects for this award, but first it needs to overcome FFXIII for the best RPG before even thinking bout GOTY. But the way sites give awards is odd

example -- uncharted 2 lost in its own genre category at the VGA's but won the overall GOTY! lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

well its a contender, but i don't think it will win it.

I believe in BioWare, I liked the first Mass Effect (the story, the setting and immersivity of the universe were superb) and Dragon Age was RPG Goty on some recognised sites. Also I don't think that release date have anything to do with chances for getting Goty, that's just ridiculous. The quality of the game is not determined by it's release date.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

darthdevidem01 said:
I disagree that its a dark horse as Bioware is making it.

A dark horse getting GOTY would be like Alan Wake getting GOTY

ME2 has prospects for this award, but first it needs to overcome FFXIII for the best RPG before even thinking bout GOTY. But the way sites give awards is odd

example -- uncharted 2 lost in its own genre category at the VGA's but won the overall GOTY! lol

FF13 isn't true competition for Mass Effect 2.