By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter says Mass Effect 2 is a strong darkhorse for GOTY. Do you agree?

Pachter says Mass Effect 2 is a strong darkhorse for GOTY. Do you agree?

I agree with Pachters comment. 108 55.67%

No, Pachters an idiot. 49 25.26%

I don't really know to tell you the truth. 15 7.73%

I like to look at sheep......bahhhhh 22 11.34%

Total:194

naaah we have GOWIII, gt5, heavy rain... :D

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Definitely GOTY material. It'll set the bar high for the rest of the year.

darthdevidem01 said:
I disagree that its a dark horse as Bioware is making it.

A dark horse getting GOTY would be like Alan Wake getting GOTY

ME2 has prospects for this award, but first it needs to overcome FFXIII for the best RPG before even thinking bout GOTY. But the way sites give awards is odd

example -- uncharted 2 lost in its own genre category at the VGA's but won the overall GOTY! lol

Considering the current state of the JRPG market outside of Japan, I'd say it is FF13 that has to overcome ME2 for best RPG in the eyes of most publications/sites.  Expectations for ME2 are sky high, and early reviews are very positive, whereas many gamers still have a sour taste in their mouths from FF12 and the repeated delays of FF13.

In my rankings for the generation (yes I keep a list), the first ME is number 7, so of course I agree it could be game of the year, it could even be a candidate for best game of the generation (for me anyway).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

silicon said:
Definitely GOTY material. It'll set the bar high for the rest of the year.

The two best games of this year could have been released in the first month (ME 2 and Bayonetta).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Pachter? lol

Sure, I'll listen to what Pachter thinks will be GotY, because he would know, that hardcore bastard!

I believe Mass Effect 2 is a GOTY contender but not the winner.

Honestly if Halo Reach is going to be soo good, wouldn't X360 sites give it GOTY over stuff like BioShock 2 and Mass Effect 2? And it's probably not only going to be at X360 sites. Obviously it won't get none from PS3 sites but from general sites, Mass Effect 2 probably won't win.

Of course I agree, but most people knew that without Pachter. It's like he would say ME2 will not sell as much in Japan as FF13 ;)

Why would ME2 be a dark horse for GOTY? Every truly high quality release in a year should be considered as a GOTY contender. Just because it came out in January doesn't mean it won't be considered for GOTY.

while I think Mass Effect 2 is a brilliant game and will definitely be up there in the nominations for GOTY, I just don't think it will get GOTY, too many other games to compete with, and recently most of the statements that comes out of Pachter's mouth is wrong.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1