By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zipper: Xbox Live "more juvenile" than PSN

Wow. This developer is really showing his colors. I bet he thinks all black people love watermelons and fried chicken.

Around the Network

I disagree , I have encountered a number of idiots on GTA IV multiplayer, they were just using text messages not headsets that's all.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

nightsurge said:
And as for the trash talking arguments and juvenile behavior... you find the exact same stuff on PSN. The only times you find less of it on PSN as apposed to 360, is that not as many people have microphones/headsets on PSN since one isn't included like it is with 360.

So I guess for a game like MAG, wouldn't it be better to have everyone actually able to communicate, rather than not communicate at all? Hmmmm.......

Which is why they are selling the game bundled with a headset like they did with SOCOM and Warhawk

Vetteman94 said:
CommonMan said:
Vetteman94 said:
CommonMan said:
Wow! Awesome trolling from a developer! I think you might see more smack talk on Live because everyone has a headset? The games of Uncharted 2 I've played have sounded no different than Halo 3. I'm guessing this will be an okay thing to the VGchartz community though.

Basically agree,  the comment wasnt needed.  Although everyone having a headset on 360 is not the blessing I thought it would be, it just makes more work for me trying to mute the annoying ones.  And the only game I have ever really had any problem with is and CoD game, regardless of console. 

He should have just said his comment about MAG and be done with it,  cause it's the only true thing he said.  The people who do have a headset do help out alot and try to form plans and such.  

Thanks, sorry I got a little flamey at the endo of my post. I'm a little onery  this morning for some reason. *shrugs*

Was it the cost of cigarettes thread???

Indeed. Damn tweterm.

dobby985 said:
WiiStation360 said:
IMO, the only difference is that XLBA players are more likely to have headsets, where PSN has the same percentage of idiots, you just cannot hear them.

This

Seconded.

Around the Network

that's old news that the overall PS3 users are older than X360's one due to starting price.

Only "rich" guys would get PS3 and not teenagers.

And teenagers are ruder than older guys, that's why there's more bitching on Live then on PSN.

This is based on my personal usage. I've played several games across both services online and PS3 its at a higher level of education.

JaggedSac said:
Wow. This developer is really showing his colors. I bet he thinks all black people love watermelons and fried chicken.

Nah.... only you think that. 

Vetteman94 said:
nightsurge said:
Vetteman94 said:
tyig said:
Come on they're just sad because they know 360 users love shooters and the game would sell more if it were there.

Yes, because Sony developers cry themselves to sleep at night knowing their games would do better if they were on the 360

The reality is they probably in all honesty would sell better on 360.  Higher userbase in the west, afterall, and they are the bigger shooter fans.

The reality is you cannot say for certain that it would sell better on the 360.  No different than I cant say 360 games could sell better on the PS3.

I never said for certain, I said probably.  Which most definitely can be said that they probably would have sold better on 360, but cannot be said vice versa because of the PS3's smaller userbase and past sales trends on similar games.

This is so friggin' retarded. People on PSN don't sound immature because 3/4 of them don't SPEAK. No headsets. The people who do buy headsets are probably going to be more into gaming and have extra money to blow on a BT headset. Overall, I'll take the jabbering retards and mute them over having 2/3 of my team not communicate at all.

On the other hand, I have yet to see a console game rival the maturity level of the guys who were serious about simming in Forza. That was a fantastic community that I haven't seen rivaled by anything else on PSN or XBL.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

You're not going to get a better community natively anywhere, not unless you applied rather brutal moderation, which would be ruinously expensive in the case of a multiplayer FPS (a bit more possible for an MMO)

We usually don't get these fanboy comments from subsidiaries of the big three themselves.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.