By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zipper: Xbox Live "more juvenile" than PSN

loy310 said:
JaggedSac said:
Wow. This developer is really showing his colors. I bet he thinks all black people love watermelons and fried chicken.

Nah.... only you think that. 

Don't forget waffles.  Fried chicken and waffles!  But yes, this is the same type of generalization this guy is making.  Ignoring so many variables just to justify your choice in development platform.  As I said earlier, it would have made more sense to put the game on the 360 so that the majority of the players would actually be able to communicate.  No headset with the PS3 means quite a few people don't even have the ability to communicate wtih others online, making a game like this a bit more difficult to execute in the desired way.

Around the Network

Bash me you want, but I think this man might have a point about mag being more suitable on psn than on xbox live. Never have I seen a psn user complain about other psn users smack talking, as you would on xbox live.

nightsurge said:
loy310 said:
JaggedSac said:
Wow. This developer is really showing his colors. I bet he thinks all black people love watermelons and fried chicken.

Don't forget waffles.  Fried chicken and waffles!  But yes, this is the same type of generalization this guy is making.  Ignoring so many variables just to justify your choice in development platform.  As I said earlier, it would have made more sense to put the game on the 360 so that the majority of the players would actually be able to communicate.  No headset with the PS3 means quite a few people don't even have the ability to communicate wtih others online, making a game like this a bit more difficult to execute in the desired way.

I'd say it borders on making the game entirely lame.

I'm sure the game will be a lot of fun if you find a quality server with people who agree to talk and use tactics but anyone who has tried playing the original Battlefield knows just how impossible 60-people battles are to coordinate if no one chats. It ends up boiling down to small squads of people who stick together and win through individual skill, not any kind of coordinated assault.

Which takes MAG and turns it into Halo or CoD with more people running around.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
nightsurge said:
loy310 said:
JaggedSac said:

I'd say it borders on making the game entirely lame.

I'm sure the game will be a lot of fun if you find a quality server with people who agree to talk and use tactics but anyone who has tried playing the original Battlefield knows just how impossible 60-people battles are to coordinate if no one chats. It ends up boiling down to small squads of people who stick together and win through individual skill, not any kind of coordinated assault.

Which takes MAG and turns it into Halo or CoD with more people running around.

I've said from the beginning that I was highly doubtful MAG would work in the actual objective play.  No one will work together in the way they are wanting without some heavy modification to the gameplay or rewards system (which would probably lose them a lot of sales if people can't just go around killing to get XP).  Regular slayer works great, though.  From what I've heard, they lock off areas of the map depending on your squad you are in and use invisible walls or something to make it so it technically isn't 128 vs 128 and is more like little pockets of 8v8 or 16v16 until the very end.  At the end I guess everyone can combine or something in a certain area.  I have no idea though, as I didn't play the beta.

Each PSN & XBL has their crowd of immature, sore losers, bash talking, racist, perverted group of people. Zipper is allowed to speak through their own experience sure, but speaking as a whole in general just plain trolling.

Around the Network

So only at the end do people actually get to participate in the large-scale battle?

Meh. I was hoping for a console version of Battlefield but I guess that's not what we're getting. I loved the original 1942... One of the best LAN games of all time if you could pack 60+ people into the same room.

rocketpig said:
So only at the end do people actually get to participate in the large-scale battle?

Meh. I was hoping for a console version of Battlefield but I guess that's not what we're getting. I loved the original 1942... One of the best LAN games of all time if you could pack 60+ people into the same room.

There's this awesome place about 3 blocks away from me called Monsters Den that has a room filled with 360's on a LAN, you can have great MP parties and smack talk in person! It brings me back to my days dragging my PC over to my friends houses for Unreal Tournament parties. We had this one guy who got real pissed, so he had to put his machine in a back bedroom with a 100 ft cable. You could just hear him cursing all the time! He was terrible too.

CommonMan said:
rocketpig said:

There's this awesome place about 3 blocks away from me called Monsters Den that has a room filled with 360's on a LAN, you can have great MP parties and smack talk in person! It brings me back to my days dragging my PC over to my friends houses for Unreal Tournament parties. We had this one guy who got real pissed, so he had to put his machine in a back bedroom with a 100 ft cable. You could just hear him cursing all the time! He was terrible too.

3-4 times a year I used to go to a LAN party that got anywhere from 50-80 people in the same room... attached to a bar. It was the greatest LAN experience ever because you had to be 18 to go and almost everyone was over 21. We played Battlefield a few times there and it was HILARIOUS. One guy, Grant, used to always man a battleship when given the opportunity. Nothing is funnier than watching ~30 players shit themselves when he yelled "FIRE!" because everyone on the island knew the battleship was fully manned and that hell itself was about to rain its fury across the beach. Then there were the fighters, bombers, etc... just a fantastic game that allowed everyone to do exactly what they wanted and have fun doing it.

Then by 3-4pm, everybody started getting drunk and that's when the REAL fun began...

This guy sounds like a fanboy. Immature people wouldn't play this game because of the heavy aspect on teamwork, not because it's on the PS3. I talk shit and get irrational on MW2 (half the fun), but I don't on KZ2 because teamwork is emphasized a little more.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

rocketpig said:
CommonMan said:
rocketpig said:

3-4 times a year I used to go to a LAN party that got anywhere from 50-80 people in the same room... attached to a bar. It was the greatest LAN experience ever because you had to be 18 to go and almost everyone was over 21. We played Battlefield a few times there and it was HILARIOUS. One guy, Grant, used to always man a battleship when given the opportunity. Nothing is funnier than watching ~30 players shit themselves when he yelled "FIRE!" because everyone on the island knew the battleship was fully manned and that hell itself was about to rain its fury across the beach. Then there were the fighters, bombers, etc... just a fantastic game that allowed everyone to do exactly what they wanted and have fun doing it.

Then by 3-4pm, everybody started getting drunk and that's when the REAL fun began...

That sounds kick ass......

I am the Playstation Avenger.