By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 will pass up Wii this year.

PSP will outsell the PS2.

Uncharted will sell 1.5 million this year.

HS will sell 1 mil this year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'm gonna try this one.

Following high sales of Super Mario Galaxy world wide(6,000,000 for December alone! around 8,200,000 total) children en mass will be caught stomping on turtles and eating mushrooms. Causing all forms of turtle to become an endangered species and those that were endangered to become extinct. This phenomenon will send PETA and other animal rights organizations into an uproar. Sales of guns will skyrocket untill finally PETA dominates and becomes the singular world governing body meat is outlawed and every game short of Dewys Adventure is outlawed except Dewys Adventure still pulls poor (750,000 world wide in it's lifetime)numbers because nobody has ever really heard of it.

Outrageous enough?

Johnlucas is a Wii fan so most of the above are not Johnlucases. Strange he didn't show up yet in this thread.

Here's mine:

- Nintendo will be Japans biggest company coming December. Japan this December, the world next Christmas.

- In 2008 there will be a Nintendo themepark in Tokyo, USA, Paris & Beijing

- The next Mario game will be a casual game, sex education for kids, parents and even grandparents!

Here it goes..

PS3 will explode(in sales) and make you all cry as it destroys the wii and 360 during the holidays.

Assasins creed will be twice as good as super mario galaxy

The wii will sell 50 million by years end.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

hehe love this one already

@sudoku
srry man though it was like this

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

XBOX360 will outsell PS3 for one week in japan.

oh wait...

2011 +

1) PC games will be fully listed worldwide and they will prove that they sell more then all the consoles COMBINED.

2) Manhunt 3 and GTV5 (exclusive) success on the Wii Will make it seen as the "Mature" console. HardCore Mario evolves to meet the needs of this new demographic on the system.

3) Microsoft is loved by all due to it's new stable OS and the cheap family friendly Xbox720 with it's wonderful star junior Chief, learning made fun in Halo land, with such titles as Jr Chief in halo land : Super Tennis 2!!

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Prediction(s):

Every prediction made in this thread, and in this post will be wrong, including this one!

DS will never catch on in the USA the way it has in Japan or even in Europe.

Wii will never catch on in Japan the way the DS has, but will be an enormous hit in the USA as the primary console for casual and Nintendo gamers (15-20 million people), and the secondary console of choice for many PS3 and 360 owners.  Wii will top 40 million units in the USA by 10-20%, surpassing the NES in five years, PS1 in six years and PS2 sometime after that.

PSP sales will slow down as developers realize that it is being bought for pirated software, and multimedia feature primarily.  Sony will think of a new media system that is strongly anti-piracy for the next generation, greatly aiding software sales.  Having regained the hardware mantle, Nintendo will lose a bit of its focus with portables, and launch DS2 after PSP2 - losing 20-30% of additional marketshare to Sony in the portable arena.  Nonetheless, DS and PSP sales should reach something like a 140/45 million split.

Xbox 360 will sell nearly as much software in Japan as PS3 when the generation is over, despite a userbase 3 to 5 times smaller.

All three consoles will be supply constrained in spring of 2008.  Why?  360 and PS3 will get another round of price drops with GTA IV, MGS4, etc.  Wii will see strong sales from Smash Brothers, Wii Fit, Mario Kart - and Nintendo will be shipping a ridiculous amount of supply to N.A./Europe this Christmas - resulting in low shipments for Feb/March.  It will take until May or June for things to even out again for all three companies.

PS3 will never outsell Wii in a year.  PS3 will outsell Xbox 360 for at least one year.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I refuse to make a prediction, since I agree with everything John Lucas has ever said in his life, even if one time he said I was a bitch behind my back and I don't know about it. If he ever says that, he'll be right, and I will leave this site, hanging my head in shame.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

john lucas will sell his wii by monday