By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will you upgrade to the PS4?

When will you upgrade to the PS4?

As soon as I can 126 51.85%

I'll wait for a specific game 117 48.15%

Total:243

Neither of those, really. I'll wait a year or so for the system to get to a reasonable price, iron out hardware issues, and get a decent lineup. But I suppose the second one is closer, because I'm not buying it on launch day.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

@mtofu

PS3 BC is a must or hell will break loose.

LOL @ determining when your gonna buy the PS4 already. It might not even come out for 4 or 5 years.

Ill wait 1.5 to 2 years to see if all the kinks are gone from the system....Ive black listed sony after my ps2 broke so  if there is an epidemic like the DRE  then ill wait 3 years to get it.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I'll get it when at least a few good games come out.

But I'm hoping that the PS4 doesn't arrive till 2014.

Around the Network

Day 1 because I like new systems but the next consoles will have to be more cost effective then the current gen.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

cgenerated said:
After the first or second price drop (for any new home console actually). Enough time for the platform to get initial problems solved and to get a good amount of games. I my opinion, €300 was the sweet spot this generation.

I still think that the sweet spot this generation will be PS3 at 250$ to counter 360's Natal.

I'm predicting this sku's for christmas 2010:

- PS3 Slim + Eye Camera + Wand + Wand Game = 300$

- PS3 Slim only = 250$

- PS3 250gb + Gran Turismo 5 = 300$

As for Microsoft

- X360 Slim with Natal = 300$

- X360 Slim Arcade = 200$

- X360 Slim 250gb = 250$

All other skus will be discontinued.

For Nintendo

Wii - 170$

And that's it, lulz.

I can't answer that yet. If it blows me the fuck away then yeah ill get it day one.

How will it blow me away? Obviously if it had FFXVI (I think FFXV will be PS3) on release. Full backwards compatibility. Was $299 or less (please SONY for the love of god).

Otherwise I'll wait till a few months before the next FF or possibly before if it has reached critical RPG mass.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I usually wait 2-3 years. By then I can get a good amount of good games for $30.

Bamboleo said:
cgenerated said:
After the first or second price drop (for any new home console actually). Enough time for the platform to get initial problems solved and to get a good amount of games. I my opinion, €300 was the sweet spot this generation.

I still think that the sweet spot this generation will be PS3 at 250$ to counter 360's Natal.

Well, I say €300 (in my country which, aparently it's yours too) not because of the value of the hardware itself.

When the 360 (20/60 GB SKU) got to €300 it was just late enough that it's owners could enjoy the majority of this generation's AAA games to date. What I'm trying to say with this is that it's dificult to find time and money to play bioshock when FFXIII, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell conviction, god of war 3 are coming this year and you still want to play some of the already released games for the console which means some of them that are pretty good will eventually be forgotten by newcomers. i certainly wouldn't have played Bioshock or Beautiful Katamari if I bought my 360in the last 6 months.

With the PS3 it was a little diferent. It got to that price a little later but there weren't that much exclusive AAA games and, If you owned a 360 before, you wouldn't miss the multiplat AAAs or whatever games you'd like.

In a consumer's point of view it's obvious that cheaper is better but buy it too early and you risk paying too much, buy it late and you miss some games that you might have liked.

The advice I give to my friends that want to wait for a specific game is to wait just until they think the console is at a good value for them, buy it and enjoy the games that meanwhile are released.