By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo release on Wii now that sell more than 10million units?

Sure, and it will be as unpredictable as Sports, Fit and Sports Resort.

Really, Nintendo has pulled a lot of surprise aces out of their sleeves this gen.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
Sure, and it will be as unpredictable as Sports, Fit and Sports Resort.

Really, Nintendo has pulled a lot of surprise aces out of their sleeves this gen.

Hey I predicted those all would be huge hits and that Wii Music would only sell between 3-5m.    Of course, virtually everyone else here said I was crazy at the time, each time (except WSR we all saw that coming).

Then again... I also predicted Red Steel 2 wouldn't have WM+ bundled in, so what the f--- do I know?

lightbleeder said:

The only think I can think of is a Pokemon MMORPG. And that would sell like 30 million!

I was going to say the same thing!

Other than that...a Zelda RTS? Nah LOL

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Actually, a 4 player Kirby (co-op with mechanics like Super Star) would be a huge seller. Nowhere close to the 10 million category, but it'd probably do better than Kirby has ever done in the past. Super Star on the DS has done over 2.5m, it's still selling and that's without PAL data.

Nintendo just needs to pump out more local multiplayer games, that's the Wii's main strength. It's about time a console surpassed the N64 in local (the Wii isn't quite there yet, IMO)...

@Gamerace: I thought 3-5m was what many of us predicted? I just didn't realize Nintendo had far higher expectations of it, so I argued whether that could be considered a success or not. If I had known they wouldn't release anything big until 9 months later, I wouldn't have made this mistake...

Kirby wii has a big chance of getting 5 million (I believed there waz one kirby game that did 5 mil)

10 million- well the wii doez wonderz but itz chancez are 0.5% of hitting a million

and add that too what cord said

Around the Network

c0rd said:

@Gamerace: I thought 3-5m was what many of us predicted? I just didn't realize Nintendo had far higher expectations of it, so I argued whether that could be considered a success or not. If I had known they wouldn't release anything big until 9 months later, I wouldn't have made this mistake...

Most on here were convinced it'd follow Wii Sports and Wii Fit to 10-20m.   They didn't understand why those sold (many still don't) and just assumed Wii Music would work the same magic.  A few people did share my reservations but not many.

I like the Av Gamerace! And yeah, sales of said games were predictable. What I mean to say is it'll probably be something currently unannounced, and that announcement will be as unexpected as the announcements of those other games.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I think the fact here is that Nintendo still have so many IP's and tricks up their sleeves that they could spring a 10 mill+ seller on us easily. They do have so much intelligence going on in their software departments. It's just a shame a mojority of the intelligence is based at just nintendo and not other companies. I mean if we took companies making for PS3 there isnt a 10 mill+ seller anywhere. On the xbox360 apart from MAYBE the odd Halo 10 mill+ is too far over the horizon. So really speaking they could release this Zelda and I do predict it will crush anything else this year even if it's released October ish.

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

NeoGohan said:
Mario Party 9 With Motion Plus and Balance board support

Only if its bundled.

Also, Donkey Kong might be able to do it, under the right kind of title. Possibly, but its a long-shot these days.

As for Kirby, no chance.

As for Zelda, we should focus on 8 million before 9 or 10 million. Zelda could do it, it has potential to do it, but it probably won't. 10 million would be expanding Zelda's popularity, and that hasn't been done since Ocarina of Time, which was 7.60 million. If Zelda Wii pleases most Zelda fan's (I doubt this highly), it could easily surpass Ocarina at this point. I just think its gonna get about 7 million, due to a lot of backlashers when it comes to new controls for Zelda games. If it gets 8 million, it'll either be because of an option to not use motion+, or if its good enough to expand the audience. It'd have to be the absolutely perfect Zelda game to reach 10 million, with some new twists that evolves the series past its previous limitations somehow.

I can't think of anything that I would say will absolutely get 10 million.

Galaxy 2-- perhaps 5-6 million. I still see the first Mario Galaxy on shelves, if people wanted 3-D Mario then Galaxy would have crossed 10 million. It didn't.

Other M: This game will be lucky to get 2 million.

Zelda: The only way this is making 10 million is if this game is the great WM+ action game that many of us Wii owners are waiting for. While this is possible, I wouldn't bet on it (at least until more about the game is revealed).

Wii Vitality: this will either be the next big thing, or fail like Wii Music (only with Nintendo can a game that sells over 2 million be called a failure).

I think a new DK game (such as the DKC games), a WM+ game, or a 'New' 2D game (think 'New Zelda' or 'New Mario 2') would have the potential to make 10 million.