By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo release on Wii now that sell more than 10million units?

Khuutra said:
dharh said:
In order for the Wii Zelda to get 10 million is if it basically has multiplayer like SMBWii. Otherwise its just going to appeal to the 'core' within the Wii base and that won't sell 10 million.

Again: no way to accurately predict on this until we see what the new school of Zelda is actually like.

Actually the Wii base has become pretty predictable. I just think of the exact opposite of what I like and that tends to be how the Wii base reacts.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
dharh said:
Khuutra said:
dharh said:
In order for the Wii Zelda to get 10 million is if it basically has multiplayer like SMBWii. Otherwise its just going to appeal to the 'core' within the Wii base and that won't sell 10 million.

Again: no way to accurately predict on this until we see what the new school of Zelda is actually like.

Actually the Wii base has become pretty predictable. I just think of the exact opposite of what I like and that tends to be how the Wii base reacts.

I'm sure there are whole depths to what you don't like that have yet to be plumbed. Don't you think so?

Khuutra said:
dharh said:
Khuutra said:
dharh said:

I'm sure there are whole depths to what you don't like that have yet to be plumbed. Don't you think so?

I guess so? I don't begrudge other people liking things that I don't, that's just the way things are. I don't think its necessarily _deep_ as you put it.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
Khuutra said:

I guess so? I don't begrudge other people liking things that I don't, that's just the way things are. I don't think its necessarily _deep_ as you put it.

I'm saying that I think Nintendo will find new and spectacular ways to disappoint you, if they try hard enough - I mean, assuming that the idea that the Wii fanbase likes things you don't like also holds in reverse. It may not, of course.

Khuutra said:
dharh said:
Khuutra said:

I'm saying that I think Nintendo will find new and spectacular ways to disappoint you, if they try hard enough - I mean, assuming that the idea that the Wii fanbase likes things you don't like also holds in reverse. It may not, of course.

Ah. Sounds about right.

Around the Network
phisheep said:
Try these:

Wii Visit - a travel sim. Think of the 'little USA' segment of Pilotwings 64 and add in sandbox cities. Two versions at least - Wii Travel: Europe and Wii: Travel USA. Get to explore the world - open ended like Endless Ocean, part educational, part just going Wow at stuff. I seriously think something very good and widely accessible could be made of this, especially if there's an SD card pack-in to hold all the data.

Wii History - same sort of thing, but in time. Basic mechanic is when you (the player, as your Mii) talk to someone else in the game you take over that character, take over their life. So if you talk to someone 50 years older than you you're going back 50 years in time. That way you can explore the whole of history one conversation at a time, skipping back and forth and up and down a family tree. Again, educational, accessible and potentially a lot of fun. Bring history alive in a way that's never been done before.

They could follow those up with a sleeping simulator called Wii: Snore.

Nintendo has a ton of franchises that can go over 10 million

Pokemon would be a safe bet, but with the right kind of marketing a Kirby or DK game could do it

Wii Play+ and Mario Kart Wii+

O-D-C said:

Pokemon would be a safe bet, but with the right kind of marketing a Kirby or DK game could do it

Kirby doing this would be delightful but almost entirely unprecedented. I cannot begin to imagine it getting that kind of success.

Khuutra said:
O-D-C said:

Kirby doing this would be delightful but almost entirely unprecedented. I cannot begin to imagine it getting that kind of success.

ya Kirby is a long shot, but with the right marketing push behind it, it could, its got a very 'casual freindly' feel, problem is people need to know about it