By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo release on Wii now that sell more than 10million units?

Zelda Wii

Wii Play Plus with online as said above

Wii Relax (I think this one will be marketed alongside Wii Fit as being part of the whole health thingy)

SMG2 - no chance, it will stall at 6~7M

The Last Story - the game that is rumored to use the vitality sensor, if it is a nice hit and unique software

Nothing else in my opinion there's no kirby, starfox, metroid, etc that can go that higher in sales.

Around the Network

Mario Party 9 With Motion Plus and Balance board support

I agree that Nintendogs Wii could cross 10m, outselling Eyepet by a lot. But Nintendo has to market it very well because there has been a lot of crappy petz games on Wii.

So far I only have Pokemon MMORPG and Nintendogs Wii, any other ideas?

In order for the Wii Zelda to get 10 million is if it basically has multiplayer like SMBWii. Otherwise its just going to appeal to the 'core' within the Wii base and that won't sell 10 million.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

how come nobody is pointing out the obvioius Mario Kart Wii 2! It would be like printing money, and they wouldn't even have to really change the game, just add a few extra racetraks, maybe a few extra characters = profit !!!

Around the Network
deaner24060 said:
how come nobody is pointing out the obvioius Mario Kart Wii 2! It would be like printing money, and they wouldn't even have to really change the game, just add a few extra racetraks, maybe a few extra characters = profit !!!

I doubt many people with MK would bother buying the sequel.   It'd just steal MK future sales (like Wii Fit Plus has replaced WF) but that might still be enough to crawl to 10m

dharh said:
In order for the Wii Zelda to get 10 million is if it basically has multiplayer like SMBWii. Otherwise its just going to appeal to the 'core' within the Wii base and that won't sell 10 million.

Again: no way to accurately predict on this until we see what the new school of Zelda is actually like.

deaner24060 said:

Nintendo is not Activision, they won't milk the Mario Kart franchise like thet, 1 Mario kart per console is enough and besides Mario Kart Wii is still selling like hot cakes...

Sky Render said:

I think a few missed the 0 in the topic title. 10 million copies is a lot, far more than any Zelda or Metroid has ever sold. Only one 3D Mario ever broke 10 million, that being Mario 64. Myself, I don't expect Zelda Wii to outdo Twilight Princess' sales by much, if at all, and Other M will likely have trouble breaking a million units. Galaxy 2 I expect will fare better than either, but not by a lot. It will likely cap somewhere between 5 and 6 million units, unless I've missed my guess.

As for likely future 10mil+ sellers, I can think of only one in the pipeline: Wii Relax. If they made a sequel to NSMB Wii, assuming the quality was up to par, it could easily break 10 million too. Obviously Wii Fit Plus is a shoe-in for that status too, but it's already out.

EDIT: Erm, am I the only one who's actually looking at past sales trends, current information on products, and logical most-likely scenarios to extrapolate sales figures? Because I'm really getting a serious "I wanna see it happen so it can happen" vibe from a lot of these suggestions... Just sayin'...

The problem that you over look by looking at past sales is that Nintendo's current platform is performing better than any of their previous home consoles. Therefore a game like Zelda for the Wii could really bring in the gamers. Super Mario Galaxy indeed has a chance at selling 10 million. The install base will be higher and other Mario titles have performed very well thus giving this game more exposure. However Metriod the Other M is a question. It seems to be a mixture of third person and first person view and it really depends on how the game is made. Yet I do not think it will sell ten million copies.

As for other 10 million sellers that Nintendo could develop. We will have to wait. This company is so secretive about the products that they are developing. That guessing is all that we can do.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

A few more 10m+ ideas for Nintendo:

Wii Horse Riding w/ peripheral.

Wii Bike w/ peripheral (even though Cyberbike is coming)

Wii Think w/ brain sensor peripheral that reads brain waves

Duck Hunt Wii

Star Fox Wii if it taps into whatever made Mario Kart Wii sell 20m

New Donkey Kong Wii