By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Ubisoft pullin a Extraction with Red Steel 2?

LordTheNightKnight said:
"First person, guns+swords, pretty graphics, i cant see a single flaw."

Local multiplayer would have been good.

To be honest, Red Steel 1's multiplayer was an afterthought. I didn't actually try it until a year after I bought the game. Whenever I got people to come try it, it wasn't easy to just pick up and play for them (but that could be due to RS1's wonky controls). No doubt, it would've garnered more sales if included, but COD:MW Reflex managed 750k without it. They are not the same due to brand name, but alas it is still selling.

RS2, if it is good, should be fine saleswise. Why Ubisoft prefers to let it fail, I don't know, but gamers will get it if it is good. Plus, it has the benefit of being bundled with WM+.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Ubisoft didn't lower their expectations for the game because they changed something in RS2, or whatnot. They lowered their expectations because retailers, like Target, Wal-mart, etc., are shying away from carrying M-rated Wii games, and aren't ordering nearly as many copies as Ubisoft had hoped they would.

The game will be just as good as it always was. You'll just have to find it at GameStop, Amazon, or any such place willing to carry it.

Yes, lowering expectations by half also likely means a lower marketing budget by half. I don't expect to see much in the way of advertising anymore.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

This is a game on my sure buy list. Looks to be one of the better wii games.

maykissthebride said:
jt1 said:

3. the first one sucked. a lot of people are not going to buy red steel 2 based off the 1st

7. red steel2 is nothing like red steel 1. if you actually like red steel 1 then red steel 2 for most people will be disappointing because you wanted a game like red steel 1

So if it looks like Red Steel 1 its gonna bomb. And if dosent then its gonna bomb.

Logic: its not for everybody

Around the Network
Procrastinato said:
Ubisoft didn't lower their expectations for the game because they changed something in RS2, or whatnot. They lowered their expectations because retailers, like Target, Wal-mart, etc., are shying away from carrying M-rated Wii games, and aren't ordering nearly as many copies as Ubisoft had hoped they would.

The game will be just as good as it always was. You'll just have to find it at GameStop, Amazon, or any such place willing to carry it.

Huh? This games rated T..also where's a link on that other Info you've provided us?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

There a big difference between Red Steel 2 and Dead Space Extraction:

DSE is a game nobody would want! Rail shooters are fun when they're arcadey, who wants to play a horror game on rails? They're supposed to be fast paced, gunning down enemies continually with the occasional cut scene that acts as a break, a moment to rest.. On the other hand with something that's supposed to be scary and atmospheric, a big part of that is pushing yourself forward (assuming the game manages to be scary to some people). If the game just takes you on a path, that whole element is lost.

Red Steel however is a game where you kick the crap into people with a sword. There's not a narrow audience for something like that. The only drawback with Red Steel 2, is it's connection to Red Steel 1... I personally doubt it will be a dud when it comes to 'quality', ie. polished fun gameplay etc.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Well I'm pretty much done with 3rd parties and hoping they will take their big core Wii titles seriously. So as long as I get the game, that's fine with me. And if I don't, well I still got the Nintendo titles on Wii and then my PS3 or 360.

But in the defense of Red Steel 2, we still got a solid 2 months before release. But for No More Heroes 2, no excuses.

Well they can scratch one sold game because of the lame graphics. I am not going to bother with that.

I hope Red Steel 2 is interesting enough for people to pick up even without much ads and stuff. Sell by it's name and content.

No multiplayer? Fine. But I don't want a much shorter game then the first Red Steel, so thats what I'm worried about.

After Red Steel 2 I can't really think of any third party game on Wii I really need other then The Grinder. Thats sad!