By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Heavy Rain Review!!!

It seems they gave the game a chance, so thats good.

Around the Network

Well,is not like they give a 10,I don't see any scandalous bias.

CGI-Quality said:
leo-j said:
I hope other reviewers don't treat this like LAIR, and just completely stop playing it because its not the same old gameplay they are used to.

Did you think LAIR was fun as well? Thought I was alone!

Yea, I liked the demo, it was average, not horrible.

Same with HAZE imo..

mM
Fei-Hung said:
@ papflesje

If you have seen the video's, it is more than just a point and click interactive film with qte.

You clearly haven't played Fahrenheit/ Indigoprophecy and most definitly haven't played HR.

Lol, I have played Heavy Rain already, so I know what I'm talking about. Easily put, it's a point&click variation with quick-time events. I'm not going into detail about the game, because that's for everyone to discover.

I'm expecting mid to high 80's on metacritic once a few reviews are in, not that impressed with the latest ces video either, lovely looking game but more like an old interactive movie game full of QTE's, meh....

Around the Network

This is really going to be an strange little game.

The reviews should all hinge on whether this game is fun to play or not.

Leaving aside all the its just an interactive movie nonesense if its fun and engaging give it good marks.

I expect EDGE to review this quite favourably as traditionally they like to support departures from the norm.

Anyway so what if its an interactive movie. So was Dragons Lair and I still occasionally play that little beauty.

The score's good, but since it's not on my system and/or I'm not interested in the game, I'm going to downplay the review by pointing out the source (despite the magazine generally falling in line with other reviewers).

Durr durr durr.

Ill get it but i wont enjoy it.....much....probably. It intreagues me but its not much of a game.

not 17 out of 5? fail!

CGI-Quality said:
Haste262 said:
Ill get it but i wont enjoy it.....much....probably. It intreagues me but its not much of a game.

So then why get it at all?

You say: "it isn't much of a game at all", but "I will get it", and "but I won't enjoy it much.....probably"? What's the point of paying money for something you already believe you won't like?

I just THINK that i may not enjoy it that much cuz its just a choice movie type of game and that it may end up being boring. I hope i do enjoy it tho and im willing to give it a shot, could go either way as ive said, it intreagues me.