By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Heavy Rain Review!!!

thismeintiel said:
TheTruthHurts! said:
9 is a very good score for a game that does so many amazing (new and never done before) things.

I think the reviewer does a great job of expressing that playing the game with an open mind, and enjoying what it has to offer is the (only) way to experience this title.

Games that raise/change the bar like Heavy Rain and Alan Wake are supposed to open our imagination to what gaming can bring to the table.

Acknowledge what these type of games have to offer artistically, and I am confident you will not be disappointed.

I understand that Heavy Rain brings something almost totally new to gaming, with it's control scheme, very mature storyline, and ability to continue the game even when main characters die.  But what exactly does Alan Wake, and this is not to say it won't be an incredible game, bring to gaming that changes or raises the bar?

The storytelling, game-play, and artistic style is why I noted Alan Wake as well.  Many compare these two games when discussing artistic direction and storytelling.  It was merely a comparison of two titles on two different consoles that I consider very similar in style, that will probably meet similar success due to their choice in approach.  Don’t read too much into it.  

Around the Network

OPM never seemed baised. I'm talking about the Ziff Davis/Sony magazines. If a game sucked, they told you.

The new Sony magazine PlayStation: The Official Magazine (or the magazines published by Future Publishing) is not and will never be close to what The Official US/UK PlayStation Magazine were.

Please stop soiling the OPM. It is NOT PTOM.