By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell more in America - FFXIII X360 or FFXIII PS3?

Which will sell more in America - FFXIII X360 or FFXIII PS3?

PS3 300 88.24%

Xbox 360 40 11.76%

Total:340

definitly the PS3 version simply because FF XIII is not MW2.

Around the Network

PS3 2:1, the franchise is still strong for sony

I would expect PS3 given that it was exclusive for such a long time and the talk about that version being superior due to a late port.

1.75:1

PS3

but both versions will do extremely well

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PS3 has this easy.

Internet hype shows this, and the preorder charts show this too.

The 360 has close to 2:1 the PS3 userbase in NA.
However, the PS3 manages to have something like 2:1 in preorders.

PS3 has this in the bag.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
I'm inclined to say 360 seeing as how the installed base is much bigger and GTA IV sold a lot more on the 360 as well. Yes, its FF but still.

GTA is more of a casual action franchise but FF is hardcore.Also GTA4 sold more cause it was western oriented so the western people like it but that will not happen with FF13

Well this is a tough one, but seeing as how GTA4 sold more on 360, i'm leaning a bit more towards 360 to also win thin one(in the U.S ofcourse, not WW) but it will be close.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

PS3.

Its all about momentum right now. And the PS3 has a lot of it coming from 2009. It also doesn't help that all of my friends who are 360-Only owners couldn't give and I quote "Two Shits About That Girly Game Final Fantasy"

Also there's no hype from this at all. I've been around various 360 forums and I see more hype for Mass Effect and Alan Wake then I do for this. I mean why aren't 360 fans hyped about this? Most of the hype is actually coming from PS3 fans with the odd 360 fan here or there.

Also Amazon, Pre-order charts it doesn't bode well for the 360 version

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

PS3 by 1.5:1 I think.

definitely will sell more on the PS3.