By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell more in America - FFXIII X360 or FFXIII PS3?

Which will sell more in America - FFXIII X360 or FFXIII PS3?

PS3 300 88.24%

Xbox 360 40 11.76%

Total:340

pretty much everything music said, and then some.

My vote goes to PS3, even though i originally thought it would sell best on 360, i highly doubt that now.

Around the Network

I say xbox 360..

its rare to have a ps3 game show up in the npd top 10, while its common for 360 games to appear.

Only 1 mutliplatform game has performed better on ps3 than 360 in the U.S, and that is batman.

mM

Can't say anything right now, though I want to see the advertising that the 2 companies are going to do when the game is about to be released here. Also if MS is smart, they'll want to throw as much as money away for people to get their version, like exclusive weapon and Abilities, also they should try to lower their price so they can attract more people to it.

Playstation 3. There are more preorders for the PS3 version than the 360 version.

I say 360 because of its larger install base, the broader appeal of the game, the typical sales performance of multiplat games, the typical sales performance of multiplat JRPGs, and the typical sales performances of games that were traditionally Sony exclusives but now come out on the 360 as well.

All of those factors favor the 360 version. I'm not even sure what else you could logically use as a factor and reach different results.

Around the Network
Mr. sickVisionz said:
I say 360 because of its larger install base, the broader appeal of the game, the typical sales performance of multiplat games, the typical sales performance of multiplat JRPGs, and the typical sales performances of games that were traditionally Sony exclusives but now come out on the 360 as well.

All of those factors favor the 360 version. I'm not even sure what else you could logically use as a factor and reach different results.

There has yet to be a JRPG released day and date on both systems in North America, so you can't really use that as a gauge for the sales of FFXIII.

tough one since re5 sold more for 360 in americas

also i think 360 will have a bundle for this region ps3 may not

but with ps3 being so strong now sales wise with its 300$ tag

i go with ps3 but it may not be by as much as most are thinking

Play Me

In the end it will sell amazing on both & everyone will be happy!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Final Fantasy XIII for the Playstation 3 for sure, but I'm sure it will sell well on both.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

PS3, because us xbots need killy things with guns and gore. If you haven't noticed most games with shooting and gore sell better on the 360 like RE5 and MW2, while games like Batman:AA and fighting games sell more on the PS3.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*