By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Nintendo´s fan dislikes the Zelda franchise ?

How many Nintendo´s fan dislikes the Zelda franchise ?

Me, myself and I 38 19.90%

What the hell ?!?!? We all love it ! 153 80.10%

Total:191
abcdario said:

Hey guys, i have bought Metroid Prime Trilogy last week, but decided to give it a last try to TLoZ: TP, i m now after the frozen zora´s stuff and collecting the insects for some drops or something.

I have had that game about 12 months now, je je je, i just dont get it, dont understand the idea behind, that´s just not the kind of game i like.

I played the OoT on the GCN´s Collector edition, it took me about 2 months to pass the first tree-like dungeon, i walked the whole available world, cutting grasses, speaking to some Hacks in the Hyrule Field, but i needed to be told by a friend about the big jump on the top of the tree to fall upon a spiderweb on the first floor to finally start the game (yeah, after two months !). The rest of the game, i tried to do something, ended doing nothing, walking around, and finally got beated by its open-sized-gameplay and with a guide i beated ganondorf.

Right now i m doing the same with TP on the Wii, but i just dont like it at all, i m pretty sure this time i wont be doing all over again, OoT was a great game and that´s why i finished it, but the TP is about the same boring stuff and i just dont like it at all. Did i mention i dont like it at all ?

Anyways, i just wanted to know if there are more gamers in my position so we can share some opinions, honestly i think i m going to be blamed for saying this about Zelda, but i just needed to talk and speak out my frustation about the game.

Tomorrow i will start Metroid Trilogy, i didnt play it on the GCN, i hope the First Person Adventure doesnt mix that much with the Zelda style.

PD: Ah, on the first NES Zelda, i always walked the whole way searching for a sword, after a whole month, somebody told me it was on the dungeon of the first screen X_x

I pretty much have followed Zelda from back in the day with the NEs....

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network

Now honestly there was few they kinda was a miss for me...it was on the N64 I think it was the Majora's Mask...the joker was a bomb...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

I'm one of those guys in the minority even though I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I loved Zelda 1 and 2 on the NES, and Link to the Past on SNES. The 3d Zeldas are just so boring: no action and suddenly they became all about puzzles.

So definitely put my on that list of Zelda haters, until it goes back to being action oriented and far less puzzle based I'm not missing anything.

I didn't really like the older Zelda's as there weren't any puzzles and they were more action based. If they don't have puzzles than they would be just like any other adventure game out there.

Tp is the same as OOT I think it was made to be a sort of reimagining of it with realistic graphics. I don't get how you could like one and not the other as they are really the same.

Zucas said:
Cheebee said:
Lol whut? I always figured it was humanly impossible to actually *dislike* Zelda..?

OH it is haha that still stands. 

But seirously Zelda, like any franchise, isn't for everyone but I would say that most Nintend fans do like Zelda.  Actually may be the reason most of them are Nintendo fans.  Zelda still is one of the pinnacles of the gaming industry and I can't wait for the next one.

100% agree

Around the Network

Love all the games, but dislike the Wii version of Twilight Princess the most.... Also Twilight Princess was too easy because you basically got told what to do and where to go every time.. Like; "Teleport there", "Hit that switch", etc. The old Zeldas used to have a bit more riddles in them. TP was just straight forward. I hope (The real!) Zelda Wii will revive the series again!! My all time favourite series of games = Zelda. No doubt about it.

Favourites: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link To The Past. No particular order.

i'm sure there are people that dont like Zelda games, similar to how there are people that dont like uncharted or gears of war, or any other game that defines the different platforms.

Not a fan of the Zelda series.

I have one doubt: you do not like Zelda in general or you do not like Twilight Princess?

Why isnt he banned yet?